Love & Marriage

katnip5
I'm so done with Facebook!!
by katnip5
February 2, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Me and my SO both have FB. I'm pretty private so I only allow friends and family on my page and he's a total social butterfly so he pretty much adds whoever request him. I went on his page a few times and saw that they're some women on his page showing a lot of there "assets". After a while it started to bug me because we just had a baby and I feel that it's inappropriate so I asked if he knew the girls and he said no. I felt that they should be deleted and it turned into an argument so he did it out of anger and blocked me from his friends list. I was pissed because I felt like his fb is so important to him that he needs to hide who's on his page from me so he doesn't have to hear it, I mean if they're not family or friends and you just added them then it shouldn't be a problem unfriending them but to him it was such a big deal so I got upset and deleted him off my page. Im just tired of dealing with all the b.s. am I wrong? It's really bugging me that it's such a big deal to him.

Replies

• GELiz
    by GELiz
    February 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM

NOpe, he's ajerk.

• Nicole1357
    February 2, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Yes, that is absurd. I'm more of a social butterfly and have a lot of male friends. If any of them made my husband uncomfortable, I definitely would delete them especially if I did not know them personally.

• JeremysMom
    February 2, 2013 at 7:05 PM
    He probably feels like because you are insecure then he is being punished.
  • PrincessButton
    February 2, 2013 at 7:05 PM

My SO and I deleted ours months ago. We weren't having any problems but it just seemed like a waste of time. I've seen it cause a lot of unessasary stress in others relationships and it just isnt worth it. Can pople have FB and be adult about things yes but not many do. I don't really care that you've been to the gym every day this week nor do I care to see the results of tight buns. You got wasted last night and need to tell the world? Wow, that is someone I can respect, NOT! FB isnothing but people looking for attention in my opinion.

• Mom7142
    by Mom7142
    February 2, 2013 at 7:06 PM
    Stick to your guns!
  • momtimesx4

Most of those people with a pair of tits as profile photo are scams and use tits to get people to friend them and then they datamine/spam away.

• MADMomma1975a

I feel your pain there sister.  My husband got real big into fb right around the time I was pregs with our first & it became a REALLY BIG problem in our relationship.  Unfortunately, I dont have any advice about getting him to give up his account or culling some of the inappropriate "friends" because it's still a thorn in my side

• theirmommy04
    February 2, 2013 at 7:08 PM
    His reaction makes me suspicious...
  • brannew
    by brannew
    February 2, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Facebook ruins many relationships.  Just ask any divorce lawyer.  Since he blocked you, the mother of his child, it shows how immature he is and I would question your relationship.  Good Luck.

• brannew
    by brannew
    February 2, 2013 at 7:11 PM

And she is being punished for him feeding her insecurity......and the cycle goes round.....

Quoting JeremysMom:

He probably feels like because you are insecure then he is being punished.

Love & Marriage