Love & Marriage

wannabpregnant
is there anybody who believes chivalry still lives?
February 2, 2013 at 1:30 PM
I'm 23 married for 3 years. i was a virgin when i married my husband. and he was a virgin when we married also. he opens my car door, any door i come to he races me there to get to it first. he tells me I'm beautiful like its my name. he ifs constantly complimenting me. i never wonder if he loves me. he ifs 100% faithful. never looks at another woman (at least that ive seen. hes's not dead. even i notice women sometimes) he never has hit me or disrespected me. dating he was a pure gentleman. always paid for dates. he has always been concerned for me in everyway. we arent perfect. we fight. he sleeps on the couch sometimes lol. but he loves me with all of himself. we dont have kids. i miscarried. but he is determined to give me a baby. i read these things about fwb or dh cheating and just wonder if i really did get the last good guy there was.

Replies

• knagsmom
    February 2, 2013 at 1:35 PM
    Nope mine does the same. I'm teaching Ds 5. To do the same. He already does like to do that now for his sister 4 n I. I hope that your blessed with a baby soon.
  • AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    February 2, 2013 at 1:37 PM
    I don't know how I feel about chivalry.
    It started cause women were considered too weak to open their own doors and such because they bled once a month.
    Of course they didn't know what we know now.
  • Anryan
    by Anryan
    February 2, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Irish is like this, i always tell him he was born in the wrong century

David is somewhat but not as much

• nsrush83
    February 2, 2013 at 1:39 PM

My husband is like yours, and yes we are teaching our son to do the same thing. Hes 6 and he holds the door open for EVERYONE! He even opens my car door for me when he gets there first, LOL.

• hollydaze1974
    February 2, 2013 at 1:39 PM
    Nope, I have a knight in shining armour who is training two boys to follow his example.
  • wannabpregnant
    February 2, 2013 at 1:42 PM
    that's great! growing Yup i wanted a man just like my Daddy. i found one. and my brother treats his wife the same. it really does last foryour kids

Quoting knagsmom:

Nope mine does the same. I'm teaching Ds 5. To do the same. He already does like to do that now for his sister 4 n I. I hope that your blessed with a baby soon.

• wannabpregnant
    February 2, 2013 at 1:42 PM
    this is so refreshing to read on here!

Quoting nsrush83:

My husband is like yours, and yes we are teaching our son to do the same thing. Hes 6 and he holds the door open for EVERYONE! He even opens my car door for me when he gets there first, LOL.

• wannabpregnant
    February 2, 2013 at 1:43 PM
    Irish? i love that name. how unique

Quoting Anryan:

Irish is like this, i always tell him he was born in the wrong century

David is somewhat but not as much

• Lorena
    by Lorena
    February 2, 2013 at 1:46 PM
    Nope my dh is the same way. And yes we are teaching our boys to be the same way they open doors for everyone. They open doors for me more then dh because they will run ahead of us just so they can. It is so sweet!
  • rosekit
    by rosekit
    February 2, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Mine is the same. Neither one of us was virgins when we got together, but he opens the door, walks on the street side of the sidewalk, carries the groceries in, he's never hit me, never raised his voice to me, he compliments me, he loves me, and I know he does. I hope you get your baby soon. 

Love & Marriage