Love & Marriage

SuperMom2433
Does he trust you 100%? (S/O from my last post)
February 1, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Hubby just sent me a txt that says...
"I love you too. I don't want to lose you or have you cheat on me. Odd dream last night."
My reply...
"You should know me better than that."
I replied with that because that's how I feel. We have known each other for 10 years, been together for 9.5 years and married almost 8 years. Its not like we have only been together it married for a short time. Makes me sad because I trust him and know in my heart he would never cheat on me. With his feelings of mistrust comes a problem. I can't have a social life outside my family. That's basically what Im getting from all of this. That if I do get a social life going Im going to have a husband at home worried that I won't come home. And the worst part? I've never given him any reason not to trust me. Im a faithful wife and worthy of his trust. I hate this!

Replies

• twinpicks
    February 3, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Go out and he will be forced to get used to yr freedom, if you know he wouldn't cheat them you don't either

but he will lose you if you don't have a social life. He is insecure doesnt think he is worthy of you, he should deal with it.

• earthangel1967
    February 3, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Yes he trusts me 100% I've earned his complete trust over time, as he has mine. It wasnt an overnight automatic from themoment we met trust.

• KyrinM
    by KyrinM
    February 3, 2013 at 9:21 PM

It's not you hon, it's his insecurity talking.  You guys need to talk about it, tell him, hey, what do you need outside of locking myself up & not having any kind of social life that will reassure you?  He has to know that locking you away is not the answer, he needs to find some other way to address his insecurity, one that you can both live with.  If the two of you can't come up with a solution, talk to a counselor, maybe they have some suggestions. 

• SassyLaLa85
    February 4, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Trust is a beast of its own. Once trust is questioned at all it take awhile to get it back 100%. My hubby and I are dealing with trust issues and it causes lots of tension and fights. It is a scary issue. I wish you luck

Love & Marriage