Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
Cafe Steph
What chores does your husband do exclusively?
January 29, 2013 at 1:47 PM

6 Chores My Husband Is Much Better at Doing Than I Am

Posted by Sasha Brown-Worsham on January 29, 2013 

husband chores

In a house where things are equally divided, there are bound to be some chores at which one spouse is better and others at which the other spouse is better. Hopefully these things balance out. Yesterday, I wrote about the five chores my husband is NOT allowed to do. This is mostly because, well, he kind of sucks at them.

Luckily he doesn't suck at everything and there is a WHOLE lot he can do that I can't. And that, my friends, is called balance.

With no further ado, here are the six chores my husband must ALWAYS do in our house:

1. Take out the trash: It's not an absolute. Certainly I have done it and am capable of doing it, but my spouse is much, much better at remembering the days our trash and recycling pick up. He is also stronger, so carrying two or three bags at one time is easier. Hence, this is his job almost exclusively.
  2. Kiss boo-boos: Yes, I am a mom, but I am not the world's most sensitive one. When my kids fall down, they go to their daddy who is much more loving and sensitive than I am. When he is home, they prefer him.
  3. Getting gas/car maintenance: When it has to do with our cars, I always defer to the old hubs. I know nothing about cars (I am a cliche).
  4. Finding our way: Again with the cliche! I have no sense of direction, so my husband is pretty much solely in charge of getting us anywhere we need to go. It works most of the time. Except for when it doesn't and we wind up lost somewhere deep in the East Village. But that's another story.
  5. Paying the bills: My husband is responsible for 99 percent of the bills in our house. I am aware of what is going on, but he handles the day to day on it.
  6. Walking the dog: This is one I just hate, so my hubs gets the fun. But seriously, the dog just likes him better!

What does your husband do exclusively?

Replies

• Serenity7
    January 29, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Thanks for posting

• earthangel1967
    January 29, 2013 at 2:07 PM

All car maintenance (I dont even drive anyway) so he also does all the driving

Takes trash out

If I capture any bug like a spider or centipede for example in the house with our bugzooka then when he gets home he takes it outside away from the house and lets it go for me. (i'm terrified of them)

Pays all the bills

Frequently grabs groceries and odds and ends at store on way home from work since he's out anyway (occasionally we do shopping together)

Cleans out the heating registers and on top of the cupboards up near the ceiling for me bc I am always afraid what if there is a spider (does that a couple of times a year)

Plus he works overtime and is our sole provider

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    January 29, 2013 at 2:09 PM

He takes the trash/recycling out.  He does the laundry (until I heal from my c-section) because I already fell down the stairs at 33 weeks pregnant and almost a couple more times since then (37 weeks now).  He pays the bills.  That's it for exclusive chores. :)

Since I'm at the end of my pregnancy and having a hard time, he will help me if I fall behind, even if he has worked all day, so I am very appreciative of all that he does.

• SierraLynn
    January 29, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Um.... none except for moving heavy things. The man is almost useless when it comes to housework. Bless his heart.

• AimSnapHolz
    January 29, 2013 at 2:11 PM

He gets all the bills paid and handles the money - I hand him all my paychecks and then he divides it up into envelopes and gives me back what's left after paying my half of the bills. I don't even know how much half our bills cost every month, lol.

That's pretty much the only thing he does exclusively though. He does more housework than me because he's home more (he works from home and I work outside the home). I straighten up and such, but most days I come home and the house is clean and sparkly. Yep, I caught a good one!

• lizzyluvsmoe
    January 29, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Lawn, Dogs and cars.

• dizziestdream
    January 29, 2013 at 2:15 PM

My DH does the finances - balancing the accounts and paying bills.  We used to both do it, but we decided to have one of us, me, take care of the laundry and have him take care of the finances.  I think those are the only "exclusive" chores.  I usually do everything else because he doesn't have time.  We both work full time, but he is also a music minister for our church so there are rehearsals, etc. 

• LynBoz
    by LynBoz
    January 29, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Trash, feeding the cat/ cleaning the kitty box, and dusting the ceiling fans. He also helps with everything else.

• Mrsfarr
    by Mrsfarr
    January 29, 2013 at 2:17 PM
    Cut the grass. He refuses to remember to do anything else so I do the rest. I don't mind. It gives me something to do while he works 12 hour shifts every stupid day of the week.
  • aikimomof3
    January 29, 2013 at 2:23 PM

-Takes out the trash

-Cut the grass/maintain landscaping

-Car stuff

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!