Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
1stTimeMom1982
Open Marriage *edit*
January 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM

In your honest opinion how do you feel about open marriage? There was a episode on Ricki Lake the other day and I'm still amazed. *On the open marriage aspect I think I should let it be known that these people were already married for about 12 yrs before they started having a open marriage. At that point they had 3 kids and didn't want to get divorced.*

Also would any of you swing with your husband or have a threesome?

I know these are personal questions so if you don't feel comfortable answering feel free to inbox me.

Replies

• Lindalou907
    January 27, 2013 at 5:52 AM

I would like to have an open marriage, but not necessarily for any more sex, but for love. I am not interested in sex with anyone I don't love. I don't have any problem loving more than 1 person,and I'd like to think I could be ok with it if my husband found someone else in addition to me.

• cali_angel_girl
    January 27, 2013 at 6:01 AM

I personally would never want to be in a marriage like that. 

• mrsfitz05
    January 27, 2013 at 7:43 AM
    How do you have time for that? Between sex, maintaining the relationship and presumably kids? I barely have time for one. :)

What made you decide I this lifestyle? Do you cohabitate?

Is there really no jealousy? I've heard of women managing on this situation but never encountered one with multiple husbands. Most men are territorial so I have trouble visualizing this.

No judgment from me. My beliefs about MY marriage are based on my faith. However, not everyone shares that and it would be silly to expect them to live by the same "rules". I believe the law should stay out of out entirely as long as they are consenting adults.

Quoting Anryan:

i am polyamorous and  in a committed relationship with 2 men, my legal husband fo 18 yrs also has another partner (another woman) and we have been successful for almost  5 yrs now..

• cherylmoore
    January 27, 2013 at 7:44 AM
    Why bother to get married? If you don't want to be with"just one person" which is what marriage is. Then just stay single
  • mommyof24ever
    January 27, 2013 at 8:36 AM
    Quoting momromtheheart:

God say when we get marry your body belong to your husband and his belong to you,

I am so in agreement with u. My body is his and his is mine. People that do that don't have a marrave. The whole thing of marriage is u are becoming one with one man. Not a group.
  • 1stTimeMom1982
    January 27, 2013 at 10:03 AM
    Will read etc the replies from my lap top. It'll be easier lol
  • 1stTimeMom1982
    January 27, 2013 at 10:05 AM
    She just started coming back on channel 11. Here in NY it's the channel Steve and Maury come on. She's at 3 or 4 I believe

Quoting lillybug222:

I believe it's unbiblical.

I am shocked to know Ricki Lake is still on.
  • AnisaJ
    by AnisaJ
    January 27, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I feel that marriage should be between people who trust and love each other. If your choice is to have an open marriage and both are in agreement, who am I to judge. As long as you are happy and love each other. I dont have any problems with sister wives as well as long as the wives are treated equally and one wife doesnt have preferential treatment.  I personally would not be happy for my marriage to be an open marriage and I wouldn't have a threesome - I wouldn't know what to do in a threesome anyway haha. 

• wantthatbaby46
    January 27, 2013 at 10:19 AM

This!

Quoting RheaF:

Honestly? I feel like, why even get married if you want to run around like your single?

IDK, in my marriage it is my husband and I. There is no need or desire for anyone or anything else in there. If either of us even suggested it, there would be cause for some huge problems.

• Snapdragon88
    January 27, 2013 at 10:38 AM
    No no no no. None of those would ever happen in this marriage. My husband agrees.

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN