Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
Kageegirl
i love him, but is love really enough!
January 24, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Lately Dh has been driving me crazy. He has had an attitude for awhile now. Ex: last night our two year old wanted to sit with Dh at the dinner table after he was done eating. Aiden was sitting on Dh's lap watching him eat. Aiden picked up his spoon and tried to give Dh a bite of his food. Dh wasn't paying attention at all he was texting on his phone. Aiden ended up spilling a little of what was on the spoon on the chair Dh was sitting in. Dh flipped out. He told Aiden, "why do you have to make messes, huh? Keep your hands and spoon out of my food." He took Aiden off his lap and set him down on the floor next to his chair. Aiden started throwing a tantrum. He threw himself back and ended up cracking his head on the table leg. Dh looked down at Aiden and went on a rant about Aiden playing with his food, making a huge mess and Dh not feeling sorry for Aiden. I was clearing the table and Dh walks over, takes the bowls out of my hand and say's, " I got this get." Said it with about as much attitude as he could. Our oldest was playing his ds while watching a cartoon in the livingroom. Dh came in and sat down after cleaning the kitchen. He takes the remote and changes the channel. Gage got all upset frantically asking Dh why he turned his cartoon off. Dh said because he wasn't watching it. It was a spat back and forth about argued he was or was not watching. After about a minute or two Dh told Gage to go to his room. Gage was crying saying, "I was just watching tv." Dh yelled back for him to hush it up and get his butt in his room." The night before while petting Gage to bed he felt it necessary to point out every bad choice Gage made since being home from school and scold him about how he don't approve. Told him he was dissapointed in his poor choices. Gage left the room to go potty and I said, "could we please not talk about this right now. I don't want Gage getting all stressed out and wetting the bed." His response was, "it's never a good time for you. I'll just keep my fing mouth shut." It's not just with the kids it's other stuff as well. I don't know how much more of this I can take. I'm tired of talking to him about this. He maybe good for a day or two then he'll go a couple days up to weeks being an ass. I just don't know what to do.

Replies

• sevensmommy
    January 26, 2013 at 6:33 PM
    I have been having a similar issue to this so I know how crappy you feel I feel like its my fault and try to fish for things I did wrong.
  • Iconoclast
    January 26, 2013 at 6:48 PM

It could be a few things.  He could be the he is stressed, it could be a medication he is taking.  Communication is key.  You may not want to talk it over (if you have talked before) but something is going on and things cannot get better by ignoring the problem.  Do you ask him about his day?  Sitting and listening without interruption.  Sometimes we forget to take the time to listen because of all the other things that seem to take priority.  Sometimes those little things ("How was your day?") are really big important things.

• Dontchawishuknu
    January 27, 2013 at 10:40 AM

No, I can honestly say....love is NOT enough.  No matter how much we may love our husbands, if they are not on board as well, you are simply fighting a losing battle.  Good luck, Momma! I know where you are standing right now, because I'm there, too.

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts