Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
Ugh he never listens
by 98765
January 24, 2013 at 6:53 AM

So, my and the 2 kids got our flu shots, as always. Guess who didn't?? Yup! DH! Guess who is really sick now? DH! 

And I have spent the past few weeks--and even this past Monday--cleaning and disinfecting like a mad woman bc the flu has been going around ODD's school. And now he is sick! And to top it off, our anniversary is tomorrow. The children were going to spend the night at my parents Saturday. Pretty sure that's not gonna happen now. And we were very excited for that too! ;)

UGH. One day he will listen to me! And, this will sound bad, but it makes me SO MAD to see him laying in bed all day doing nothing. This is why I am coing back as a guy in my next life. what happens if mom's get sick? NOTHING! We still have to get up and do everything (ok, so DH is really good when I do get sick, but I still get up and do stuff anyway).

Theres my vent for the day.

Replies

• LoneMom629
    January 24, 2013 at 7:13 AM

I know what you mean.  My daughter was very sick two weeks ago and he didn't catch it, but I was feeling under the weather.  It just doesn't seem to matter if MOM is sick.  I still had to get do everything around the house and take care of Sissy.  When you just need a break and a cup of tea.......! Ugh Oh and it snowed over night here in northern Indiana and he is actually mad at me because I didn't go start his car and clean it off before he left for work!!! Really???!!!! These past few weeks I am seriously thinking I have made a huge mistake! 

• Megan11587
    January 24, 2013 at 7:15 AM
    I told dh I needed to get something at the pharmacy, made him go in and forced him to get one lol
  • frzmamaof4
    January 24, 2013 at 7:18 AM
    I know what you mean mama! The kids' and I all got our flu shots as well and dh hasn't because he doesn't believe it will help...smh! But whenever he does get sick, it's like having an extra baby in the house!!
  • Mommy980106
    January 24, 2013 at 7:19 AM
    I'm sorry he's sick. Hopefully, you can reschedule your plans, I know it's not the same.
  • Acid
    by Acid
    January 24, 2013 at 7:57 AM

He isn't sick because he didn't get the flu shot.

He's sick because he didn't practice proper hygiene by washing his hands properly.

The flu shot is completely and totally useless.

*looks for the all men are the same* comments.

• Acid
    by Acid
    January 24, 2013 at 8:08 AM

If I'm sick my husband helps me out.  He actually insists I stay in bed and get better.

If you think you've made a mistake it's probably a good idea that you tell him that.  He might straighten up.

Quoting LoneMom629:

I know what you mean.  My daughter was very sick two weeks ago and he didn't catch it, but I was feeling under the weather.  It just doesn't seem to matter if MOM is sick.  I still had to get do everything around the house and take care of Sissy.  When you just need a break and a cup of tea.......! Ugh Oh and it snowed over night here in northern Indiana and he is actually mad at me because I didn't go start his car and clean it off before he left for work!!! Really???!!!! These past few weeks I am seriously thinking I have made a huge mistake! 

by 98765
    January 24, 2013 at 8:14 AM
    Well I cant say he has ever done that. Actually w argue about cleaning off the car bc thats one thing I actualy like doing and he thinks its "his job" so gets upset when I beat him too it.

DH is good when i am sick but doesnt do everything I do so things fall by the wayside and it ends up more for me in the long run just bc he is not a good multitasker. He does try and let me rest as much as possible.

Quoting LoneMom629:

by 98765
    January 24, 2013 at 8:15 AM
    Im certainly not here to debate the pros and cons of the shot. What I can say is he is sick (tho he wasnt actually tested for the flu sonit could be a bad cold tho he fot Tamiflu anyway) and me and the kids are not and ODD is around it everyday in school.

Quoting Acid:

He isn't sick because he didn't get the flu shot.

He's sick because he didn't practice proper hygiene by washing his hands properly.

The flu shot is completely and totally useless.

*looks for the all men are the same* comments.

• sweetmissy_05
    January 24, 2013 at 11:40 AM

The girls and I got our flu shots, DH said he wouldn't get one because last time he got one he got sicker and he doesn't like the ingredients in the flu shots apparently.

• furbabymum
    January 24, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I've not gotten the flu shot even though my DH has all but commanded me too. I know if I get sick there will be no pity for me. lol

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts