Love & Marriage

feliciasmith
have you ever lost your rings?
January 23, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I'm pretty sure I lost my rings =[

dh just keeps telling to me to keep looking but I think I lost them in our car and I've looked everywhere....I feel bad!

Buuuuut now I see an oppurtunity to get new rings =D I think my dh is really sad and I am too but I don't like being ringless.

Replies

• la_bella_vita
    January 23, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Yes but my husband found them!

• AnGLInterrupted
    January 23, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Yes..  and I never found them.  I still miss them (3 years later) and I'm still heartbroken over it.

• feliciasmith
    January 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Yes..  and I never found them.  I still miss them (3 years later) and I'm still heartbroken over it.

Did you ever get new ones?

• AnGLInterrupted
    January 23, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I couldn't afford anything really at the time so I purchased a set on QVC.  They are really pretty but I want to replace them with an anniversary ring (a REAL ring).

Quoting feliciasmith:

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Did you ever get new ones?

• luv.my.kids.365
    January 23, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I lost mine... Have not bought an actual replacement.

• amanda81919
    January 23, 2013 at 8:04 PM
    I once lost my wedding ring after I had my son bc when we got married I was 5 months pregnant and my hands were huge. But I found it later after a huge freak out. (Now I wear 2 rings) but he lost his 2x. And we never found it. No biggie bc its not safe for him to wear it while at work(electrician)
  • AlannaMaria
    January 23, 2013 at 8:18 PM
    Not yet..
  • hollydaze1974
    January 23, 2013 at 8:34 PM
    Yes, we're we engaged and I had his mother's ring that were sauntered together. It actually took be a whole day before I realized it.
    I text Df at the time and I was in tears. I put on my mom's set. As I searched.... EVERYWHERE ! Df came home I'm still looking and crying and staying at the stove and just asked him to yell at me, to lay into me.

He wouldn't which made it worse, told me obviously they should have been sized and I'd find them.

TWO weeks later, our Bassett messed his crate and I took it outside before work, obviously.
    After work, I set about pulling out bedding and cleaning it. I pulled out two blankets and the pad and heard a " clink". My thought process went from " what was tha-OMG! MY RINGS!"
    Sure enough, I look in the back of the crate ( I had it tipped up) and there they were!!!

I was so excited, I practically dove into the crate to grab them slide them on and then went " Ew!" As I remembered why I was looking in there I'm the first place! Lol!

I called Df so happy I was crying again! I put them in jewelry cleaner and finished the illness stained chore at hand with mixed feelings: sorry my dog was sick, but if he hadn't been..., I don't when I would have washed his bedding.

We surmise they slid off while putting him to bed or snagged on his bedding. I cleaned then really good and promptly went and got a ring guard . I can't tell you how happy I was. It's a huge deal to have you mil willingly give you her and fil first set of rings.
    I hope you find them.... New is nice, but sentimentality is better.
  • akLiLmama907
    January 23, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Yes I have. I felt horrible and we couldn't afford new ones and I HATE now having them on.  I've lost them a few times, my daughter got a hold of them a couple times, I thought they were gone and my husband was very upset about it too so I felt even worse. 

Mine always turn up though! I hope you find them! I know exactly how you feel!hugs

• mama.farmer
    January 23, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Nope. I intentionally had mine sized tight so that I can't pull them off very easily, and if it's cold, you'll see me a bit wary of my left hand. I'm panicked of losing mine; he picked it out because it fits me. (And it wasn't exactly a cheap set.)

Love & Marriage