Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
paytertotsmomma
finally
January 20, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Me and df are finally putting our money together as one. We were doing my money, his money but " helping each other out" but now we are combining it and it's ours :) we are also going to start budgeting.

We are both terrible with money so any tips on budgeting?

Replies

• MagicTemptation
    January 20, 2013 at 7:39 PM

We do the envelope system. You can google it. But basically there is an envelope for each bill, then spending, saving etc..envelopes. Each pay we put the appropriate amount in each that we allot to everything. When the money is out of that envelope (such as Entertainment) then that's it. 

It has helped alot. We also write down everything we spend no matter how small so we can keep track. We also do not have credit cards.

• paytertotsmomma
    January 20, 2013 at 7:56 PM
    I'm glad i don't have credit cards

Quoting MagicTemptation:

We do the envelope system. You can google it. But basically there is an envelope for each bill, then spending, saving etc..envelopes. Each pay we put the appropriate amount in each that we allot to everything. When the money is out of that envelope (such as Entertainment) then that's it. 

It has helped alot. We also write down everything we spend no matter how small so we can keep track. We also do not have credit cards.

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts