Love & Marriage

paytertotsmomma
newbie :)
January 18, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Not new to the site just to the group :)
I joined this group because me and dh aren't getting along so great. We are under a lot of stress. Any secrets on how to get back to being crazy in love?
Thanks for all your help :)
xoxo kristen

Replies

• biancalina20
    January 18, 2013 at 9:09 PM
    Hello and welcome! !! Hope you enjoy the group...!

Hmmm getting back in love and even staying in love is always work.. sometimes harder than other times. You could try date nights. Also remember little things count. Like doing something here and there..nice gestures. Complements. Good luck!
  • paytertotsmomma
    January 18, 2013 at 9:40 PM
    He feels like I've changed since we got together. Well of course i have. But that's just how it is when you've been hurt.

Quoting biancalina20:

Hello and welcome! !! Hope you enjoy the group...!

Hmmm getting back in love and even staying in love is always work.. sometimes harder than other times. You could try date nights. Also remember little things count. Like doing something here and there..nice gestures. Complements. Good luck!

• MomToovey
    January 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Hi and welcome!

It's hard to give advice when you don't know what the problem is (don't worry, this isn't my way of forcing you to air out your dirty laundry - it's none of our business, really - I just want you to know that the advice will be vague) but based one what I do know, I would suggest reading The Five Love Languages and/or The Love Dare. Both are great ways to learn about each other and how to express love effectively, as well as focusing less on you as an individual and more on you as a couple.

Good luck.

• 2lilmamas
    January 18, 2013 at 10:29 PM
    Give him the benefit of the doubt. Try date night even movie night with dinner. Making quality with each can make a big difference.
  • paytertotsmomma
    January 18, 2013 at 11:00 PM
    Thank you so much. I never thought I'd need to read self help relationship books lol

Quoting MomToovey:

Hi and welcome!

It's hard to give advice when you don't know what the problem is (don't worry, this isn't my way of forcing you to air out your dirty laundry - it's none of our business, really - I just want you to know that the advice will be vague) but based one what I do know, I would suggest reading The Five Love Languages and/or The Love Dare. Both are great ways to learn about each other and how to express love effectively, as well as focusing less on you as an individual and more on you as a couple.

Good luck.

• Mrs.Fus29
    January 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM

My husband and I have read both of these books and they have helped our marriage

Quoting MomToovey:

Hi and welcome!

Good luck.

• paytertotsmomma
    January 18, 2013 at 11:11 PM
    Lol i wish dh would read

Quoting Mrs.Fus29:

My husband and I have read both of these books and they have helped our marriage

Quoting MomToovey:

Hi and welcome!

Good luck.

• AnGLInterrupted
    January 19, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Welcome to the group!  :)

The only "secret" that I have is to remember that you're friends..  as well as husband/wife, parents, etc..  As long as you have a sturdy base of friendship, you should overcome anything.

• AlannaMaria
    January 19, 2013 at 10:19 AM
    Welcome ;)
  • Serenity7
    January 19, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Welcome to the group. If you really fall in love with someone. True love. You never fall out of love with the person. Its not that you lost the love or it is gone. You just forget the love is still there

Love & Marriage