Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
momofnate0707
Prayers/Good thoughts
January 18, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I have an appt with my OB/GYN today. I found a lump in my breast.
Has anybody ever had this and had a good outcome?
My maternal grandmother had breast cancer. She had a double mastectomy.
I am scared to death......
Please pray/send good thoughts my way! 

Replies

• Allebas
    by Allebas
    January 18, 2013 at 10:09 PM

My mom has had 2 mammos come back with 'suspicious-looking lumps.' Both times they were calcium deposits. I will be praying for you!! Please keep us posted!! {{HUGS!!}}

• jmjdj
    by jmjdj
    January 18, 2013 at 10:17 PM
    I had a lump once and my OB/GYN sent me for an ultrasound, mammogram, and to a surgeon for another opinion. It turned out to be nothing other than that I have very fibrous breast tissue that can sometimes feel like lumps. My doctor encouraged me to always do self breast checks and always ask when I don't feel comfortable with something. He didn't make me feel like an alarmist....especially considering that he felt it too without me telling him where it was.

My cousin also had a lump that turned out to be an infection of some sort. She had a minor surgery and has had no problems since.

Just wanted to let you know that it's not always something bad....but with a history of breast cancer in your family, you should definitely get it checked out.
  • lachiche
    January 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I had lump in my breast as in my teen yrs and a couple a year ago it wasn't cancer tho it was a cyst in my same breast but yes i will be sending prayer your way  as well hugs

• Proud2bamomma
    January 19, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Good luck to you!! fingers crossed

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts