Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
momofnate0707
Prayers/Good thoughts
January 18, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I have an appt with my OB/GYN today. I found a lump in my breast.
Has anybody ever had this and had a good outcome?
My maternal grandmother had breast cancer. She had a double mastectomy.
I am scared to death......
Please pray/send good thoughts my way! 

Replies

• Allebas
    by Allebas
    January 18, 2013 at 10:09 PM

My mom has had 2 mammos come back with 'suspicious-looking lumps.' Both times they were calcium deposits. I will be praying for you!! Please keep us posted!! {{HUGS!!}}

• jmjdj
    by jmjdj
    January 18, 2013 at 10:17 PM
    I had a lump once and my OB/GYN sent me for an ultrasound, mammogram, and to a surgeon for another opinion. It turned out to be nothing other than that I have very fibrous breast tissue that can sometimes feel like lumps. My doctor encouraged me to always do self breast checks and always ask when I don't feel comfortable with something. He didn't make me feel like an alarmist....especially considering that he felt it too without me telling him where it was.

My cousin also had a lump that turned out to be an infection of some sort. She had a minor surgery and has had no problems since.

Just wanted to let you know that it's not always something bad....but with a history of breast cancer in your family, you should definitely get it checked out.
  • lachiche
    January 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I had lump in my breast as in my teen yrs and a couple a year ago it wasn't cancer tho it was a cyst in my same breast but yes i will be sending prayer your way  as well hugs

• Proud2bamomma
    January 19, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Good luck to you!! fingers crossed

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN