Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
gabwest
Husband is selfish
by gabwest
January 13, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Hello!! 

My husband has been driving me crazy lately with his selfish crap. I totally understand that he works all day long and has meetings to go to and people to talk to, but when he comes home it's like our child and I are non existent. Our baby is 2months and 2 weeks old and we have not really had time for ourselves, which he consistently throws in my face, but that doesn't mean he should treat us like we are not even there...right? Am I over reacting? Should I just let him be?

I mean he comes home and watches tv, plays on his phone, the computer, the PlayStation(he's going to be 30)... an example of what he does: I get the baby to sleep finally and baby wakes up a little later, he has a freaking fit that I ask him to go check on baby Enzo! Another example: I will take a quick shower, Enzo will be crying but hhusband  won't stop playing his PlayStation game to comfort baby, unless Im yelling at him to do it! Annoying!

Am I being crazy?????

Replies

• violet21
    January 13, 2013 at 1:34 AM
    No yu are not being crazy yur husband needs to start giving yu and the baby attention he seriously needs to grow up
  • 2lilmamas
    January 13, 2013 at 2:01 AM
    He needs to make time for you and the baby. Im sure he's not the only one who's tired too.
  • lovinglife0682
    January 13, 2013 at 2:03 AM
    He needs to grow up. Nothing else should come before you and the baby.
  • Lindalou907
    January 13, 2013 at 5:35 AM

It sounds like he hasn't bonded with his son yet, and he's really too old to be acting like that, stupid video games, gah!

• gabwest
    by gabwest
    January 13, 2013 at 5:39 AM
    Thanks ladies!! I didn't think I was being crazy, but I just needed to reassure myself!!! He does need to grow up.. I absolutely know this... But a part of me thinks if still may be a while. I really thought he was going to be different considering he was not like this before baby!
  • i.heart.myboys
    January 13, 2013 at 6:01 AM

Quoting 2lilmamas:

He needs to make time for you and the baby. Im sure he's not the only one who's tired too.
  • mama_of_tw0
    January 13, 2013 at 6:04 AM
    Ugh that shit gets in my nerves...men and their damn games. I saw a dad today that was outside with his kids walking behind them while they drive their little barbie jeep, and he was walking and playing his hand held psp...REALLY?? and they hit a hole and flipped over and they were crying hysterically, they were ok, but wouldn't have happened had he been busy being a dad instead of a damn boy..
  • Jolenehdez
    January 13, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Hide the power source cords to his electronics in the babies room, if he still ignores you don't cook for him or do his laundry if hes going to pretend like your and the baby aren't there then play his game. If that doesn't woke go stay with a family members for a while if you can. You can also remind him he can always leave.

• furbabymum
    January 13, 2013 at 10:57 AM

OMG ENZO IS ALIVE!!! Book, sorry. Did you read the book and choose to pick the name? Curiosity.

Anyway, no you aren't being unreasonable. I'd whack my man upside his big dumb head if he did that. Limit his electronics time. It's what I do. He has to give us an hour of full attention per night. Every other tuesday we go electronics free and if I ask him to come help me he MUST stop and come.

• xoxRachelxox
    January 13, 2013 at 12:56 PM

You aren't being crazy, he needs to grow up. His life isn't all about him anymore. He has a wife and child to consider. I would tell him he needs to start helping out, regardless of him working. There's no excuse. My husband is the breadwinner in our home but he helps me as much as possible. I don't even have to ask him.

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts