Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
24hourmom185
finding the magic
January 12, 2013 at 3:29 PM

i  was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to find the magic we once had i feel like we are drifting apart and i wont to be closer but not sure how to do it. sometimes i feel like he's not in love with me anymore he doesn't say i love you to me or tell me how beautiful he thinks i am. i just hope i can feel his love again. anyone have any ideas all are welcome thanks for your help. 

Replies

• Armywifeholcomb
    January 12, 2013 at 4:13 PM
    We actually send each other texts like we are talking to another person about each other. Like: "omg this guy is sooo hot! Don't tell my husband but I want to do dirty things with him!" And send a pic of my husband to him. Pretty much we act like we are cheating on DH/DW with DH/W.
    went out to dinner just two of us and he came back from the Bathroom and I hit on him and told him my man went to Bathroom but he could join me.
    Flirt! Don't wait for him to say those things like "I Love You" tell him how sexy he is. Get away for a night. Go dancing. Meet up somewhere and act like you are meeting again for the first time. If he goes away for a couple days, write him a note and hide it in his bags somewhere he will find it. I do this every time he goes away for work. He always enjoys finding them. And occasionally I'll leave one even when he's not going anywhere.
    Just think of what drew you together in the beginning. Inside jokes that you may share. We have one that our kids laugh at us every time bc it will come out of nowhere.
    We watch a movie or a TV show on Netflix just about every night right before bed. Good time to curl up and snuggle on the couch.
    Sorry lol rambling... Hope this helps!
  • Titana
    by Titana
    January 12, 2013 at 4:27 PM
    First I would tell him how u feel and how u want nothing more than to get back to where u were. Then suggest date nights or starting a new activity together to bring u closer. By activity I mean dance lessons, cooking lessons, hiking, or bike riding.
  • 24hourmom185
    January 18, 2013 at 2:31 PM

i'm going to try these new ideas out  thank you both so much your hubby's are so lucky to have you. 

• AlannaMaria
    January 18, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    I agree with the other ladies. You need to communicate how you feel and ask him how he feels. Then you both need to find things you can do together to reconnect. Live gets do crazy and it's so easy to become distant and disconnected. You should plan a date night if possible once a week. You can have dinner dates at home and light some candles and have a candlit dinner and a couple drinks, cuddle on the couch and watch movies, be affectionate, flirty... There is so much you can do, you both just need to talk about your needs and wants and make a plan and stick to it.
  • 24hourmom185
    January 18, 2013 at 3:01 PM
    your all right i have in the past tried to ask how he felt and tell him how i felt and his response was oh my god seriously it broke my heart then i felt like what was the point then i started feeling well if he doesn't show that he loves me or tell me that must mean he doesn't. there has even been a few times where i dress up and i'm felling pretty. then he has no reaction but his friend came over the same day and the first thing that he said was wow you look amazingly beautiful today his friend tell me why doesn't he am i asking to much? am i wanting to much from him i just want things to be like the way they were.
  • Apple1
    by Apple1
    January 18, 2013 at 5:57 PM

I would start by telling him you love him and how handsome/cute you think he is....Make him his favorite dinner at home and have some quite time together.  It all starts with communicating and time together.  I hope things get better soon.  Sometimes,  holding hands, giving hugs and watching a good tv show or a movie together can help bring you closer.

• ttc1rainbow
    January 18, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I certainly agree with the others, communication is key!! Also, what DH and I have done is, in way, go back to the courting phase..We picked one night a week, that's OURS. It's our date night! We go out to dinner, or to a movie or dancing, or grab our fav take out and enjoy each other's company at home (we are ttc #1, so no children to work around yet). Be assertive, send him random texts, of something cute or sexy...or what you look forward to doing to him that night....the possibilities are endless!!! You'll figure out more ideas once you get going =) GL mama!!

• 24hourmom185
    January 19, 2013 at 2:29 PM

your all right i have arranged   for the kids to go to grandmas . I'm going to make him a candlelight dinner and try to communicate with him tell him how i feel and ask how he fills. do you guys think trying to have the conversation during the dinner will rune it or should i talk to him before the dinner?  

• Apple1
    by Apple1
    January 19, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I would wait until your date night is over, that way you can work on getting your closeness back without it being ockward.  Maybe after, or the next day you could tell him that you miss the closeness you two once shared and that you want more together time.

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts