Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
feliciasmith
Are you affectionate in front of your kids?
January 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM

My dh has random spurts of being overly lovey, while I enjoy it it makes me uncomfortable in front of my dd. Just not he was hugging me from behind and had his hands on my breast and my 2 yr old says "no touch mommys booboos(boobies)" dh thinks it's not a big deal but I hate it! So now I feel like a jerk for being an ice queen towards him

Replies

• SuperMom2433
    January 6, 2013 at 10:36 PM
    We kiss (peck) and hug in front of the kids but touching like that is when the kids can't see.
  • eoewan
    by eoewan
    January 6, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Showing your children that mummy and daddy love each other is beneficial to kids. You are modeling what a relationship should be. This display of affection should continue throughout your children's childhood. It will give them a reference. What I do not agree with is the hands roaming to body parts. You could tell your dh to hug you not your body parts. Children should not be exposed to the sexual part of your relationship. I hope you can convey this to your dh and he respects the boundary.

cheers, donna

• MagicTemptation
    January 6, 2013 at 10:46 PM

He will make grabs when the kids backs are turned. We are affectionate in front of the kids. We hug, kiss (sometimes long enough to make the kids say "eewwww") cuddle

• Fairegirl33
    January 6, 2013 at 10:47 PM
    Same here..

Quoting SuperMom2433:

We kiss (peck) and hug in front of the kids but touching like that is when the kids can't see.
  • mom_of_one_boy
    January 6, 2013 at 11:47 PM
    We hug, kiss and do a little butt grope as the other one walks by but as for boob grabs or even grabs below the belt, that is saved for the bedroom :)
  • Mommynwife26
    January 6, 2013 at 11:50 PM
    We kiss, hug, cuddl, smack or grab Burt's but that's about it. Showing affection in front of kids is healthy so ive never felt uncomfortable in front of them. But I wouldn't make out grope or be sexual in front of them.
  • MrsSexyCurtains
    January 6, 2013 at 11:50 PM
    Yup same here. I want her to see us affectionate towards each other so when she dates she will know what love is. But no, him grabbing my boobs or vag is only for the bedroom, we would never do that in front of her out of respect for all of us.

Quoting SuperMom2433:

• MomRocs1102
    January 7, 2013 at 12:09 AM

he doesn't grab on me, but we are affectionate that's good for kids to see how much parents love one another in my opinion.

• cali_angel_girl
    January 7, 2013 at 3:18 AM

This. 

Quoting SuperMom2433:

• belleher90
    January 7, 2013 at 3:50 AM

i loove affection as well....and i want my hubb to be that waay twards me but he knows as well as i do that if young children are exposed to it at a young age it has bad effects on them .....just try hard to talk to him ina nice way that it makes you uncomfortable in front of the kids.....but try not to be an ice queen lol i beleive affection is really important ina marriage

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN