Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
SuperMom2433
Would you go to the ER or wait until Monday? please dont bash me.
January 5, 2013 at 5:24 PM
So, I know this is my fault. When I started having lower back pain I should have went the. But I didn't and now the pain is close to unbearable. Im pretty sure, actually almost 100% positive I have a kidney infection as I have had one before that landed me in the ER about 8 years ago. I was planning on making an appt on Monday to be seen but do you think that's a bad idea to wait? I dont have any health insurance but there is a clinic here that just accepts donations. And they are okay. They are in town Tuesday and Wednesday.

Replies

• aimesnyc
    Amy
    January 5, 2013 at 8:17 PM
    Take some ibuprofen while you wait-it will help with any muscle spasms and some of the pain. I used to have relatively frequent kidney stones, and they always gave me strong pain meds (I.e. percocet or vicoden) and ibuprofen at the same time. Also, drink lots of water
  • Krysden
    by Krysden
    January 5, 2013 at 10:46 PM

feel better soon

• LuLuThatsWho
    January 5, 2013 at 10:57 PM

For starters, I would NEVER wait out pain that was "unbearable".

And even more important... If you suspect and have good reason to believe that you have a kidney infection, then you need to be treated immediately.  Not treating that could lead to much more severe issues.

• 1stTimeMom1982
    January 6, 2013 at 10:49 AM
    Go to the ER Hun
  • merryvoice
    January 6, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Yeah, it's a bad idea to wait. If it's kidney related, I'm pretty sure they can explode. I had kidney stones and waited and they scolded me for it! You don't want to risk doing real damange to yourself. 

• MomofSCMJJA
    January 6, 2013 at 3:12 PM

So did you go yet?

• SuperMom2433
    January 6, 2013 at 3:18 PM
    Yes. I went last night. They sent me home with an ice pack and told me its muscle spasms.

Quoting MomofSCMJJA:

So did you go yet?

• baileymarie723
    January 6, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Being someone who has kidney disease that they have not been able to determine the cause, but they think it could be from multiple untreated kidney, bladder, and urinary trac infectionsactions I would say go in sooner than later because the longer one goes untreated the easier it is for something worseworse to happen.

• Serenity7
    January 6, 2013 at 5:12 PM

All that matters is what do you want to do

• meepsm0m2006
    January 6, 2013 at 7:03 PM
    I feel ya!! I have interstytial cystitis and chronic UTI and kidney stones, they really suck .. my doc says to soak in a warm bath and that's a urologist .. gl to u!

Quoting Gmgej:

Cranberry juice, and water and lots of it, and the heat wont harm a kidney or bladder infection, It might ease it. I have had the pain intolerable, I am sorry they so suck!!!!!! Is your urine brown or pink? Hold some toilet paper in the stream when you pee. I wouldn't hesitate to go to the er, there is nothing as bad as the pain.

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts