Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
SuperMom2433
Would you go to the ER or wait until Monday? please dont bash me.
January 5, 2013 at 5:24 PM
So, I know this is my fault. When I started having lower back pain I should have went the. But I didn't and now the pain is close to unbearable. Im pretty sure, actually almost 100% positive I have a kidney infection as I have had one before that landed me in the ER about 8 years ago. I was planning on making an appt on Monday to be seen but do you think that's a bad idea to wait? I dont have any health insurance but there is a clinic here that just accepts donations. And they are okay. They are in town Tuesday and Wednesday.

Replies

  • shaunaleigh418
    January 5, 2013 at 5:25 PM
    You would be dumb to wait any longer.
  • SuperMom2433
    January 5, 2013 at 5:26 PM
    I just hate the thought of another bill from the er.


    Quoting shaunaleigh418:

    You would be dumb to wait any longer.

  • shaunaleigh418
    January 5, 2013 at 5:27 PM
    Surgery due to kidney failure will cost you more!

    Quoting SuperMom2433:

    I just hate the thought of another bill from the er.




    Quoting shaunaleigh418:

    You would be dumb to wait any longer.

  • EmmaZate
    January 5, 2013 at 5:28 PM
    Is there an urgent care facility nearby that is open on the weekends? If not I would go in to the er. I wouldn't wait any longer because the fear now is the infection going septic. I wouldn't call you stupid for not going, but it's probably not the best idea to wait.
  • hollydaze1974
    January 5, 2013 at 5:33 PM
    Well, here's the thing, none of us know how much pain you are in NOW. If you pain level is already at a seven, you won't make it till mon.
    If you are at a four now, you may still be miserable by one am tomorrow night.

    This is really your decision, you are the only one who knows when the pain becomes too unbearable to wait any longer. I will say, ERs are less busy between seven am and ten am for what it's worth
  • SuperMom2433
    January 5, 2013 at 5:47 PM
    No, unfortunately there isn't. I def dont want to be called dumb or stupid...lol. I know what I need to do and I guess Im just trying to convince myself that Im okay to wait. Im really bad about that. Hubby is out of town for a few more hours. I dont have anyone to stay with the kids.


    Quoting EmmaZate:

    Is there an urgent care facility nearby that is open on the weekends? If not I would go in to the er. I wouldn't wait any longer because the fear now is the infection going septic. I wouldn't call you stupid for not going, but it's probably not the best idea to wait.

  • SuperMom2433
    January 5, 2013 at 5:50 PM
    I have a high pain tolerance. I would say the pain is at a 7/8. Sitting isn't bad at all. Its standing and picking up my 20lb son that kills me. I haven't done much today because of the pain. Once hubby gets home Ill make my way to the hospital though.


    Quoting hollydaze1974:

    Well, here's the thing, none of us know how much pain you are in NOW. If you pain level is already at a seven, you won't make it till mon.

    If you are at a four now, you may still be miserable by one am tomorrow night.



    This is really your decision, you are the only one who knows when the pain becomes too unbearable to wait any longer. I will say, ERs are less busy between seven am and ten am for what it's worth

  • sweetmissy_05
    January 5, 2013 at 5:57 PM

    Yes go in.....

  • mamalusbear
    January 5, 2013 at 6:03 PM

    Can you go to an urgent care center?  Also, if you went to the ER there is a "charity" form that might help alleviate some of the bill.  Can't you get medical?

  • EmmaZate
    January 5, 2013 at 6:03 PM
    When the hubbs gets back I would go, a few hours probably wouldn't do too much, but I wouldn't wait until Monday because that would definitely be too long. Also, weather you go in or wait, try to keep ice on it. Heat of any kind can make the infection worse and cause it to spread. Icing it can delay the infection spreading it. I don't recommend waiting, but if you have to, keep ice on it to keep it from getting worse.

    Quoting SuperMom2433:

    No, unfortunately there isn't. I def dont want to be called dumb or stupid...lol. I know what I need to do and I guess Im just trying to convince myself that Im okay to wait. Im really bad about that. Hubby is out of town for a few more hours. I dont have anyone to stay with the kids.




    Quoting EmmaZate:

    Is there an urgent care facility nearby that is open on the weekends? If not I would go in to the er. I wouldn't wait any longer because the fear now is the infection going septic. I wouldn't call you stupid for not going, but it's probably not the best idea to wait.

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts