Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
BUFFIE.the.BODY
sex, am I the only one??
January 2, 2013 at 11:14 PM
That has a great sex life? Most of you married women scare me @ times far as sex goes when you're married. I've been married for about 2 weeks and our sex life is still about the same, if not better. We have sex EVERYDAY..

Ok, I know sex isn't everything but it plays a nice little part. How or when did things change far as your sex life?

Replies

• earthangel1967
    January 8, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Actually we still have a very satisfying sex life but it is less often than in the beginning and different. Its still passionate and exciting and feels great and all that.

In the beginning we both (but me a LOT more so even) had extremely strong sex drives, animalistic even lol, we'd have sex more than once a day but in some ways I hated being like that bc I felt like I was actually suffering sometimes, I would want him SO bad it hurt and if he was running late for work or something and couldnt have sex with me or was drained from the few times we did it earlier that day and was too tired to do it again, I would actually burst into tears. It sucked.

It changed when we were about 40 bc we finally got diagnosed with bipolar disorder (mania from that disorder can cause an excessive sex drive) but has a lot of other symptoms too and we got on medication to balance out our messed up body chemistry giving us a much happier and better quality of life overall, on the other hand the meds dull the sex drive, they dont get rid of it but it doesnt feel out of control or desparate anymore. So now we have sex and really enjoy it and it doesnt have to be numerous times a day or even every day but its still very satisfying and in between times no one is suffering from feeling out of control so we are happy about that.

• MommyLove23
    January 9, 2013 at 5:56 PM
    Dh and I always had sex every day up until he started working out of town.He's only home on weekends but when he is we make the best of it..we have a great sex life after ten yrs and 6 kids!
  • Mazie0723
    January 9, 2013 at 5:57 PM
    After 9 1/2 years of marriage we still have amazing sex.
  • sydjademom24
    January 9, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I have a great sex life also, the only times that it changed was during my pregnancies, or times of high stress...which we haven't had many of thank goodness. During pregnancy it was once a week if he was lucky...lots of bj's. Otherwise it's every day, if not every other day. I see the posts about once a month, or even longer.....I saw one post one time who hadn't had sex with her husband in 2 years. There are guys my husband works with that are the same...it's been years since they've slept with their spouse. They stay in seperate rooms, live seperate lives....like roomates. I can't imagine living like that. I know that as we get older obviously the sex slows down, but we've been married 9 years and it's better than ever right now. We are 28 and 29. So we have awhile before age takes it's toll.

• HKing01
    by HKing01
    January 9, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I've been married almost 9 years and our sex life it as good as it's ever been. We have small kids and sometimes we are exhausted so we don't do it everyday but at least 3 or 4 times a week.

• sweetnessnc1
    January 9, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I was married 23 years and SEX was the one thing that was Always GREAT! We just separated and I do miss him and the SEX!

• MomToovey
    January 9, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I'm not unsatisfied with our sex life. No, we don't have sex as often as we did when we first got married, but it kind of makes the sex more exciting. We're more passionate, more intimate, more eager to explore new things - and we weren't shy about that stuff in the beginning either, it's just better now. So we may not have sex every day like we did for the first few months of marriage, but I'd say our sex life is more fulfilling now that it was then.

When did things change? It slowed down a bit after a few months just because the whole newness of it was passed. (Seriously, though, when I say "slowed down" all that really happened was we went from at least once a day to about once every other day). Getting pregnant/having kids made it harder to find time, too. But what really did it for us was DH's job getting more demanding. He works longer hours, has more responsibilities/stress, is on his feet all day, and outside most of the time. When he gets home, he's tired. And honestly, maintaining the house and keeping a 3 year old happy wears me out, too!

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts