Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
tiredmama42
Gift from DH and kids that I hate
December 28, 2012 at 8:53 AM

I am not a materialistic person but my DH and kids got me a coach purse for Christmas.   I  just cant bring myself to use it.  I only carry small purses and this one is big and its got to be the ugliest purse I ever saw.  I really hated it but I know its the thought that counts.   I didnt tell him I thought it was ugly I just said I wasnt used to big purses.   My son said we hand picked that for you.  I feel bad.   Is it wrong to want to exchange it?  My Dh said it has a lifetime warranty... I am thinking great I have to carry it forever!!  I would rather have the money  for groceries seriously.  Should I suck it up and use the ugly thing to make them all happy???

Replies

• tiredmama42
    December 28, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I have five Coach purses, post a pic of it, let's see how "ugly" it is.

Seriously, he bought you a $300 plus purse to make you happy, (as long as it's not an outlet version), that is pretty sweet.

I ment to take a pic but forgot.  I am at work.  Its black with Gold trim and kinda quilted looking.  Shaped like a medicine bag.

• AlannaMaria
    December 28, 2012 at 9:51 AM
    I would exchange it. Explain to them that you love that they picked it out extra special for you, but that's it's a little bigger then you like.
    It's not a big deal. My family wouldn't be offended if I explained it like that.
  • tiredmama42
    December 28, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Quoting Julee022:

Take it back, get a cheap purse, and use the rest of the money to buy groceries.

Thats what I would think makes the most sense.

• beeky
    by beeky
    December 28, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Personally, I would suck it up and use it occasionally.

• pittymama
    December 28, 2012 at 11:26 AM

right? if it's a kiosk knock off, i'd exchange it ;)

i guess i'd have nothing to worry about because DH has never tried getting me a purse/clothes because he knows i'm picky. but if he got me a coach bag.. i'd make it work.

OP, if you don't think his (and your kids) feelings would be hurt, explain it's not your "style" and ask if it's ok if you exchange it for something similar?

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I have five Coach purses, post a pic of it, let's see how "ugly" it is.

Seriously, he bought you a $300 plus purse to make you happy, (as long as it's not an outlet version), that is pretty sweet.

• swthrt737
    December 28, 2012 at 11:41 AM
    Thk God u got sth on xmas,unlike me......! THEY LOVE YOU N THINK ABT U,PLEASE LOVE THEM BACK BY LIKING THEIR GIFT.

Quoting sweetsouthrnMom:

Awe that melted my heart to read that your son said they hand picked it for you! Obviously your husband and children tried exceptionally hard to hand pick something special for you.I am sorry you are having trouble adjusting to the purse and you find yourself even hating it... If I was in your position I would put on a happy face and try to find something I liked about it, and then appreciate the fact that everyone in your family tried hard to pick something for you. I know it isn't what YOU would have chosen for yourself, but isn't that what Christmas is all about?

• little.worthen
    December 28, 2012 at 11:44 AM
    I want to see what it looks like.

And I'd find a way to use it every once in a while just in case so they aren't sad.. it sounds like they put a lot of effort into it.
  • aimesnyc
    Amy
    December 28, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Coach purses are freaking expensive.  I would use that damn purse until it fell apart. 

• mommaFruFru
    December 28, 2012 at 1:14 PM

id use it.

my kids picked out a hiddious gold necklace for me last year.. it cost a fortune but damnit i make sure to weat it atleast once a month!!!!

i tll them  its too special to wear every day :)

• TexasWife
    December 28, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Suck it up. I am sucking it up. lol. He bought me a time card for wow. I am thinking when the hell will I have time to play it?

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN