Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
JenniferW67
What's The Best Marriage Or Relationship Advice You Were Ever Given
December 27, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I have a couple. One from my Mom who said "Only marry a man who knows how to fix things". Another was, only marry a man who you would be proud to have as a son.

What's the best advice you were given? You never know, it may help someone.

Replies

• ms_danielle_j
    December 31, 2012 at 6:45 PM
    I don't know...don't say anything just out of anger. You can't take that hurt away.

Quoting JenniferW67:

What advice would you give your kids?

Quoting ms_danielle_j:

None at all ;-)

• Ilaynasmommy
    December 31, 2012 at 9:22 PM
    Don't ask questions you really don't want to know the answers to
  • JenniferW67
    December 31, 2012 at 9:24 PM
    Sounds like that could get a little rough or dangerous depending on how angry you both are. lol
    Quoting dragongirl1012:

If you are fighting, go have sex. Sounds stupid, but that has ended a lot of arguments over 12 years.

• JenniferW67
    December 31, 2012 at 9:27 PM
    awww. I love this and your screen name.
    Quoting MommyOfTheBest2:

My parents told me it's important to laugh, have fun!
    I agree with this, I have a lot of fun with my hubby and he makes me laugh even in my darkest moods. We're going on six years and still in the honeymoon phase :-)
  • MommyOfTheBest2
    January 1, 2013 at 12:22 AM
    Thank you :-) I love my two babies.
    And my hubby!
    I'm very blessed.

Quoting JenniferW67:

awww. I love this and your screen name.

Quoting MommyOfTheBest2:

My parents told me it's important to laugh, have fun!

I agree with this, I have a lot of fun with my hubby and he makes me laugh even in my darkest moods. We're going on six years and still in the honeymoon phase :-)

• gr8d8n3mom
    January 1, 2013 at 10:07 AM

There are a lot of posts here, and forgive me if I'm duplicating.

First off, my grandmother told me, if you have given your marriage your all, and done all you can, never stay together for the sake of the kids. They know there is a problem, it affects them, they feel the tension, and if there is fighting, it is worse on them. Let the marriage go, the kids will adjust.

#2 She also said, watch how a man treats his mom, the better and kinder he treats his mom, the better he will treat his wife.

Truer words were never spoken. ( I didn't take her first advice until 18 yrs into my first marriage, I should have divorced sooner) Bless her heart, She was a very wise woman and I miss her so much.

• JenniferW67
    January 1, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I agree about not staying together for the kids. Or, you better learn to pretend that you're happy really well. My parents fought ALL THE TIME. I hated it as a kid. They were showing me what marriage looked like. When I married my first husband, I made sure we had an argument every holiday. I eventually figured it out and realized I didn't need to ruin every holiday. He called me one day out of the blue about 10 years after our divorce to aplogize for his blow its and I did the same. We were young when we married and just acting the way we had been shown to act. It felt good to apologize and wish him well.

Quoting gr8d8n3mom:

There are a lot of posts here, and forgive me if I'm duplicating.

First off, my grandmother told me, if you have given your marriage your all, and done all you can, never stay together for the sake of the kids. They know there is a problem, it affects them, they feel the tension, and if there is fighting, it is worse on them. Let the marriage go, the kids will adjust.

#2 She also said, watch how a man treats his mom, the better and kinder he treats his mom, the better he will treat his wife.

Truer words were never spoken. ( I didn't take her first advice until 18 yrs into my first marriage, I should have divorced sooner) Bless her heart, She was a very wise woman and I miss her so much.

• MWood18
    by MWood18
    January 1, 2013 at 7:13 PM
    never marry someone unless you've lived with them for a year first
  • soliderwife
    January 3, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Thank you,, He will be home in 7 months..He loves the Army  and i am a very proud wife..

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts