Love & Marriage

StrawberryCool
your belief
November 19, 2012 at 4:06 PM

i believe that the woman should stay at home, cook/clean/laundry etc. 

and that means if your hubby isn't home for dinner, you either take him a plate if you can, or fix him a plate and stick it in the microwave for when he does get home.

there ya go ya cm moaners.

Replies

• unsuspected
    November 19, 2012 at 4:43 PM
    I agree.
  • rockyhugs35
    November 19, 2012 at 4:44 PM
    I agree with you. We really cut our budget and spending so I can stay home and take care of our kids and our home. It's always been my "dream career" I don't care what others think about that either. For some it works, for others it doesn't.
  • KylesMonkey
    November 19, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I agree with you.  Life is so much sweeter when we take care of each other.  If dh can't be home for dinner, I'll take it to him or wait up for him to come home (whatever the time) so he has company when he eats.  In return, my dh treats me like a princess. Opening doors, making (and taking with me) bubble baths, cuddling me all night and texting me all the time to tell me how much I'm loved.  Of all the challenges I face in life, my husband is not one.  And he's not a chore.  

• furbabymum
    November 19, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Good for you. Going to suck for you when you find out that cheaters.net account is only the tip of the iceberg and you have herpes. Wouldn't suck for me, I can support myself and my kids on my own.

• ReadWriteLuv
    November 19, 2012 at 5:02 PM
    I just choked on my water laughing.

Quoting furbabymum:

Good for you. Going to suck for you when you find out that cheaters.net account is only the tip of the iceberg and you have herpes. Wouldn't suck for me, I can support myself and my kids on my own.

• thecoffeefairy
    November 19, 2012 at 5:06 PM
    Awesome! I prefer a more modern approach. I cook because I love doing so. I work for the same reason. I also help with our business and take charge when DH is sick. Sometimes he cooks and makes my plate, other times I do it for him. Our kids see us loving and caring for each other in our own way. That makes us all happy!
  • StrawberryCool
    November 19, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Quoting KylesMonkey:

I agree with you.  Life is so much sweeter when we take care of each other.  If dh can't be home for dinner, I'll take it to him or wait up for him to come home (whatever the time) so he has company when he eats.  In return, my dh treats me like a princess. Opening doors, making (and taking with me) bubble baths, cuddling me all night and texting me all the time to tell me how much I'm loved.  Of all the challenges I face in life, my husband is not one.  And he's not a chore.  

yup...he isn't a chore for me....i enjoy doing what i do. 

only our tub barely fits us alone, so we can't take baths together. 

• StrawberryCool
    November 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Quoting thecoffeefairy:

Awesome! I prefer a more modern approach. I cook because I love doing so. I work for the same reason. I also help with our business and take charge when DH is sick. Sometimes he cooks and makes my plate, other times I do it for him. Our kids see us loving and caring for each other in our own way. That makes us all happy!

and that's all that matters to be honest!!!!! 

as long as the kids see you have a loving/caring relationship then you are fine. 

i also fix his plate as well, and make sure him and dd have food before i do.... 

only tonight is different since he is at work, me and dd are eating without him, i'm taking him a plate once we are done eating though

• AshleyPie
    November 19, 2012 at 5:23 PM
    I do all those things. But not because I feel like its my role to do them. It's because in our family my husband made more money than me, and after we had our son it made more sense for me to stay home.
  • beeky
    by beeky
    November 19, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I believe that every family and it's circumstances are different.  What works for you is your business.  What works for everyone else is none of your business!

Love & Marriage