Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
justpeachy71904
i feel so so so ashamed
November 18, 2012 at 9:31 PM
I have over done it. I have lupus and fibromyalgia I have hurt.my body. I am so sore so tired.

I went to the gym four times this week, got little sleep, haven't eaten properly, and did three hours of yard work yesterday to top it off.

My arms are literally bruised. I am so stupid. But at 25 it is hard for me to admit I cannot do things. I get so mad. I am so angry. I hate to say no.

Sigh so now I lie here in agony, today has been hard and I am too ashamed to tell my husband what I've done :(

Replies

• lucky2Beeme
    November 18, 2012 at 9:33 PM

hugs moma. I feel you. I have done the same thing. overworked my body stupidly. Hopefully he is compassionate and  helps you get through the next couple of days.

• xoxRachelxox
    November 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I'm sorry :( 

Don't be ashamed. Your reasoning for it makes sense. It's not easy to sit around when you aren't used to it. 

You have to learn to take it easy though. As hard as that is. Maybe seeing a behavioral therapist would help you. It certainly can't hurt. 

• 2lilmamas
    November 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM
    Quoting xoxRachelxox:

Don't be ashamed. Your reasoning for it makes sense. It's not easy to sit around when you aren't used to it. 

You have to learn to take it easy though. As hard as that is. Maybe seeing a behavioral therapist would help you. It certainly can't hurt. 

• justpeachy71904
    November 19, 2012 at 5:53 AM
    Thanks. I might call my old therapist and go talk to her. She did some behavioral work.

Thanks

Quoting xoxRachelxox:

• i.heart.myboys
    November 19, 2012 at 9:12 AM
    Poor mama.
  • bunnywzrd
    November 19, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Big hugs momma. I have fibro too and it is really hard to know when to stop sometimes. I am 29 and it's just not fair that we can't get up and go like a lot of other young moms. I get really angry about it and will over do just because I am pissed that my body won't work like I want it to. Then I regret it for days. There is a coping with chronic conditions group on here. I don't know if you are already in that one or not but they are good to talk to and they understand.

Rest today. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

• rosie211
    November 19, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I am so sorry you have to deal with this; I also have fibromyalgia so I understand the feeling you have to push through the pain and get things done. It sounds like you need to find a healthier balance in your life. It is hard to admit we aren't up to doing things and it is even harder to give ourselves a break. Try to take it easy on yourself. You didn't choose to have these illnesses, but you can choose to be the best you that you can be. Some exercise is great but don't overdo it; maybe something more gentle like yoga and walking. I would also suggest that you talk with your husband about this. I find that the things I don't want to talk about are the things that need to be faced, dealt with and discussed. Good luck and take care of yourself. Think of it this way; what if it was your best friend (or any loved one!) that was treating herself this way. I bet you anything, you would only want her to be good to herself.

• annasmom1234
    November 19, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I honestly understand!  I don't have lupus, but I do have fibro.  I am hosting Thanksgiving at our house this year because my mother is having back surgery next week, and is in so much pain she can barely move, and my in-laws are getting older, and have no business hosting it either.  I cooked almost non-stop Sat., did some yardwork, and then, to top it off, ran for 30 min.  I should've know how utterly terrible I would hurt afterward, but that's the only time I have to do the work!  I'm working 9-10 hour days this week, with a 1 hour commute each way, so I don't have time at night to do much other than cook supper, help my dd with homework and get her into bed.  You are NOT stupid, and it is very hard to admit that your body will not obey you sometimes.  Rest, relax, and get back feeling healthy soon :)

• earthangel1967
    November 19, 2012 at 1:50 PM

im sorry hugs feel better

• justpeachy71904
    November 19, 2012 at 8:39 PM
    Thanks mommas :) I'm still hurting today. Not nearly as much. I think I will try and talk to my husband, the thing is I almost feel guilty. I feel like such a burden. Like of I am sick again. I am sore again. So I try sooooo hard to just push through it . To just suck it up and push through the pain. I don't want him to hate me for it. To think I'm whining. :(

I don't think he would at all he is soo supportive.

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts