Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
Lriddick
Getting his trust back
October 10, 2012 at 5:52 PM
I need done advice. About a month ago I left my fiancé of 5 years. Things got really tough and thru the stress and others speaking in my ear I left. When I left I did it all wrong. I basically walked out and left him nothing. In the two weeks I was gone I did a lot of thinking. I know how wrong it was. We decided to work on things but this is the hardest thing I have ever been thru. I know I did wrong. I have told him that a million times. But he's not the same as he was before I left. How do I get back to that?? How do I show him how much I regret the decision I made?

Replies

• MMerrill
    October 10, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Well actions speak louder than words so just do your best in SHOWING him you made a mistake and want to fix things.  It'll take a good amount of time because he's hurt, but he'll see it eventually.  Lots of luck!!

• ShannaBee
    October 10, 2012 at 6:34 PM

My husband and I went through this. While we were dating, he left right after we started discussing marriage. We were seperated for three years. At first, I was angry at him, I wanted to hate him. But I still had feelings for him. We finally met back up in 2008 and decided to give us another shot. I still have some issues with the past but try to move past it.

It is hard to gain trust back. I am still afraid of being hurt. It will just take some time. I don't know how long, my DH and I have been married for three years now, together this time for four and I still have problems. And I know my DH regrets leaving and he has owned up to his mistakes. It's just hard to give someone your whole heart.

• spicy_n_sweet
    October 10, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Time, patience and repeatedly showing that you can be trusted.

The best way you can show you regret it, is by living and treating him in a manner that shows that you want to be with him, that you love him, that you are doing everything you can to help rebuild your relationship.  You have to completely earn all over again the trust that was once given to you.

• MrsBell29
    October 11, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Time heals all wounds "they say" , this is still new !  Show him the respect he needs and he will give you the love you so desire.  I hope everything works out for the best !

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN