Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
Due9
Do you get along with everyone in your husband's family?
by Due9
October 8, 2012 at 10:06 PM

If not, how do you deal with your differences?

Replies

• AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    October 9, 2012 at 5:55 AM
    Fortunately I rarely hAve to deal with them so I bite my tongue until I'm gone.
  • kjbugsmom1517
    October 9, 2012 at 6:01 AM
    For the most part yes. Mil and i were super close till she passed away last year. His brother drives me insane. Hubby doesnt like my brother either. He doesnt like his and i dont like mine tho lol they rboth selfish a holes. But for the most part we could invite everyone here for say thanksgiving and we would all have a good time. The brothers probably wouldnt even show up ha!
  • beeky
    by beeky
    October 9, 2012 at 6:31 AM

Yes I do.  They welcomed me into the family with open arms.

• FooLynRoo
    October 9, 2012 at 6:33 AM
    Only because I bite my tongue. They are overall nice people with good hearts and souls but I definatley avoid confrontation with the too. Not everything needs to be said and harmony is worth much more than my opinions
  • beffy1215
    October 9, 2012 at 6:56 AM
    Yeah we get along
  • AmesCSki
    October 9, 2012 at 7:54 AM
    I get along fine with his parents. I hate his sister with all of my being (she tried to break us up on our wedding day). I just ignore his sister to deal with her.
  • CoolRelax
    October 9, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Generally yes.  They can be a bit much, but that's just because they live far away so an event that brings one usually brings at least 10 of them to our area.  And the first time 6 of them stayed in my house.  Most recently our house was the refuge for the young adults (21-26) and the grandparents, which was perfect.  The only one who gets on my nerves is the busy-body aunt.

• zmans_mommy
    October 9, 2012 at 8:30 AM
    His gma drives me crazy occassionally, the days she does I just ignore Sher (everyone in his family does this)
  • Titana
    by Titana
    October 9, 2012 at 8:34 AM
    Lol not at all.....I "deal with" my mil and fil. I get along great with his siblings and their spouses and kids though. Lucky for me his fil lives states away so I don't have to deal with him but once a year or so. My mil lives about 30min away so I do have to deal with her a lot. I pretty much just put on a brave face and suck it up. I try to put her in her place when she gets on me for my choices as a mother. But with all her other annoying crappy moves I just try to ignore the best I can.
  • ViridianSoul
    October 9, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I can manage to get along with everybody in DH's family. However, I pretty much loathe both his brothers and their wives, and his brother-in-law. Each of them has a really good reason why I don't like them, but they will never know it because I'm good at pretending.

My MIL and SIL, however, I get on with just fine and have no cause to complain about either of them.

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN