Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
Due9
Do you get along with everyone in your husband's family?
by Due9
October 8, 2012 at 10:06 PM

If not, how do you deal with your differences?

Replies

• AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    October 9, 2012 at 5:55 AM
    Fortunately I rarely hAve to deal with them so I bite my tongue until I'm gone.
  • kjbugsmom1517
    October 9, 2012 at 6:01 AM
    For the most part yes. Mil and i were super close till she passed away last year. His brother drives me insane. Hubby doesnt like my brother either. He doesnt like his and i dont like mine tho lol they rboth selfish a holes. But for the most part we could invite everyone here for say thanksgiving and we would all have a good time. The brothers probably wouldnt even show up ha!
  • beeky
    by beeky
    October 9, 2012 at 6:31 AM

Yes I do.  They welcomed me into the family with open arms.

• FooLynRoo
    October 9, 2012 at 6:33 AM
    Only because I bite my tongue. They are overall nice people with good hearts and souls but I definatley avoid confrontation with the too. Not everything needs to be said and harmony is worth much more than my opinions
  • beffy1215
    October 9, 2012 at 6:56 AM
    Yeah we get along
  • AmesCSki
    October 9, 2012 at 7:54 AM
    I get along fine with his parents. I hate his sister with all of my being (she tried to break us up on our wedding day). I just ignore his sister to deal with her.
  • CoolRelax
    October 9, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Generally yes.  They can be a bit much, but that's just because they live far away so an event that brings one usually brings at least 10 of them to our area.  And the first time 6 of them stayed in my house.  Most recently our house was the refuge for the young adults (21-26) and the grandparents, which was perfect.  The only one who gets on my nerves is the busy-body aunt.

• zmans_mommy
    October 9, 2012 at 8:30 AM
    His gma drives me crazy occassionally, the days she does I just ignore Sher (everyone in his family does this)
  • Titana
    by Titana
    October 9, 2012 at 8:34 AM
    Lol not at all.....I "deal with" my mil and fil. I get along great with his siblings and their spouses and kids though. Lucky for me his fil lives states away so I don't have to deal with him but once a year or so. My mil lives about 30min away so I do have to deal with her a lot. I pretty much just put on a brave face and suck it up. I try to put her in her place when she gets on me for my choices as a mother. But with all her other annoying crappy moves I just try to ignore the best I can.
  • ViridianSoul
    October 9, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I can manage to get along with everybody in DH's family. However, I pretty much loathe both his brothers and their wives, and his brother-in-law. Each of them has a really good reason why I don't like them, but they will never know it because I'm good at pretending.

My MIL and SIL, however, I get on with just fine and have no cause to complain about either of them.

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts