Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
Tisiphone122810
I'm REALLY in a pickle!!!!!
October 8, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I'm not sure what to do. Here is my problem. I have a very active 1 and half yo daughter and I've got to have foot surgery that requires me to be OFF my foot litteraly for 8 weeks. All my family lives outta town and my daughter's fathers family is WORTHLESS they dont want to help me and neither does he. First thing he told me when i told him about the surgery was... " dont expect me to take my vaction time" and then his mom said " Well I guess youll have to do it all, like i did"

He is the type that IF you have any kind of medical issues he looks down upon you. Like he KNEW from the start of the realstionship that i'm a type 1 diabeties so obvousely I have to get freqent medical care ( mind you *I* carry the medical insurance AND pay all my own med bills ect ect).

I'm thinking that I might just have to tell the Dr that its not an option because of what i desribed above. Sigh..... I'm really depressed.  I dont really have any friends... i have people i know at work... but no body that I would trust to help me and take are of my little one. HELP!!!! What should i do????

Replies

• Lefty38
    by Lefty38
    October 8, 2012 at 6:19 PM

DIVORCE your POS husband and find a good man! He's ridiculous.

• EmmaZate
    October 8, 2012 at 6:24 PM
    Have a friend help you and give your man a reality check. He needs to realize that medical issues don't change who you are. He knew about your issues when he married you so he holds them against you? Why did you marry a man like that in the first place?
  • daijobu
    by daijobu
    October 8, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Do you belong to a church?  You could ask for help there.  Ask if someone you feel most comfortable at work with can help out with a few things like picking up some groceries or such occasionally.  Could be the start of a friendship.  Any kids in the neighborhood or a neighbor that could get some things for you that you didn't stock up on before the surgery?  Any playgroups you could join before the surgery to get to know other moms (most of the time they are very helpful because you become one of their own... just rememer to help after you've recovered).  Heck, I meet a woman who became a good friend of mine at mc d's play place.  Hope it works out!

• rayroe2
    by rayroe2
    October 8, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Can you get a call in nurse?

• fnlyhappy65
    October 8, 2012 at 7:39 PM

You work so is there someone who could take your little one to daycare during the days while you are recouperating?  If not, do you belong to a church or anything where someone may help you?  Talk to your doctor's office too, sometimes they have really good ideas or know what others did in similar situations.  Best of luck

• TommyAbby
    October 8, 2012 at 7:41 PM

What type of surgery do you need? Most of the ones my doctor does only require 2-4 weeks max. 6 if it involves the tendon/ligs. You won't have to be completely off your foot for that long amount of time. Mostly the first 2 weeks of healing, then minimal after.  

Is it something that can wait until you get sitters lined up? And I would look at daycare to see how much it would be. Even if the daycare gives you most of the day, that's more healing time than you would get without it. 

Good Luck!! 

• vwd_johnson
    October 8, 2012 at 7:43 PM
    See if you can find a local home daycare to bring your daughter to for the 8 weeks you will be recovering so you can just relax while she is gone. Then she'd only be home for a couple hrs with you before bed and just take it easy..
  • babiegurl47
    October 8, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Post an add on craigslist(OR 4nannies.com/   go nannies.com) for a teenager to come to your house and play with dd during the day. Where do you live?

• Gmgej
    by Gmgej
    October 8, 2012 at 8:09 PM

First of all postpone the surgery, then get a referal to a dr, who is close to your family and make arrangments to go there.

• timswife_momof2
    October 8, 2012 at 8:12 PM

oh man i feel for you, girl. if you were near me, i would watch your little one gladly. im really sorry. and if you are with this guy who wont help you, you should rethink that relationship. when I gave birth to my daughter my husband took his vacation time and helped with everything. that is what you need not a guy who is selfish.

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts