Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
VidaLove
Am I Really In The Wrong!?
October 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Okay so it's like this...SO & I don't live together yet. I was up about 9:15 reorganizing my closet & putting clothes away when I called him to say goodnight...We made it a routine where we always call at 9 to say goodnight because that's when we both go to sleep. I told him I would be going to sleep soon after I finish my closet & putting my clothes away. After we hung up, I started moving elsewhere in my room, picking up, cleaning my room. At 10:45 I finally lay down & I get a Facebook notification from my cousin, he's a guy, he commented on a pic of me that my SO posted on my profile. I responded back to his comment & about 1 min. later my SO texts asking if I'm still up. He got the notifcation from Facebook too after I responded back to my cousin. I explain to him that I ended cleaning the rest of my room. He said I must lie to him alot...he's talking about me saying I'll be going to sleep soon after I'm done with my closet & I didn't. That's all he text lastnight.

So this morning I text him saying good morning & asked if he was still upset. He texted back saying "I'm not upset. Can't change how you present yourself. O well, gonna make it not bother me anymore." And that was it.

Does this make me a liar!? Is this really a big deal because to him it is & I just don't see it. What should I do? It bothers me that he thinks I'm a liar.

Replies

• catrig
    by catrig
    October 8, 2012 at 12:18 PM

That's ridiculous.  If I say I'm going to use the restroom and go to bed does it make me a shady person if I decide to get a glass of water?

• VidaLove
    October 8, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Exactly what I think...really ridiculous

Quoting catrig:

That's ridiculous.  If I say I'm going to use the restroom and go to bed does it make me a shady person if I decide to get a glass of water?

• rockinmomto2
    October 8, 2012 at 12:42 PM

He can be all those things, but if he's constantly thinking you're going to cheat on him, that's going to put a massive strain on your relationship. And honestly, if you already have kidS together but aren't living together, that's a huge red flag. I personally wouldn't stay in that kind of relationship. It's not healthy.

Quoting VidaLove:

I know this can make him come off as controlling but he's really not that type of person. He's the most sweetest, compassionate, caring man that I have ever met. I love him very much & hold  high respect for him. He takes care of me & our kids. He's also very responsible...I do think that his reaction can be stemming from a past experience.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

Um...he sounds like a controlling prick. Is that really the kind of relationship you want to have?

• Celtic_Dragon
    October 8, 2012 at 12:56 PM

So glad I don't have "Facebook" drama. :(

• VidaLove
    October 8, 2012 at 1:48 PM

We are a combined family. I have two boys of my own & he has 4 of his own. We have none together. I get what you're saying & thanks for your advice :)

Quoting rockinmomto2:

He can be all those things, but if he's constantly thinking you're going to cheat on him, that's going to put a massive strain on your relationship. And honestly, if you already have kidS together but aren't living together, that's a huge red flag. I personally wouldn't stay in that kind of relationship. It's not healthy.

Quoting VidaLove:

I know this can make him come off as controlling but he's really not that type of person. He's the most sweetest, compassionate, caring man that I have ever met. I love him very much & hold  high respect for him. He takes care of me & our kids. He's also very responsible...I do think that his reaction can be stemming from a past experience.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

Um...he sounds like a controlling prick. Is that really the kind of relationship you want to have?

• Megan11587
    October 8, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Sounds a little controlling to me...

• Megan11587
    October 8, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Wait a second...didn't he tell you he was going to bed at 9, too??

• LaughingTattoo
    October 8, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Sounds likes hes butt hurt lol.

• VidaLove
    October 8, 2012 at 1:53 PM

lol...yea he did...i called him out on it too, he said the Facebook notification woke him up. yeah right!

Quoting Megan11587:

Wait a second...didn't he tell you he was going to bed at 9, too??

• mommie_x0x
    October 8, 2012 at 1:54 PM
    Why was HE up... Didn't you say you both go to bed at 9..

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN