Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
parisonmom
Dh had to go to the ER today
October 8, 2012 at 1:52 AM
He was in severe pain real bad and couldn't take it. We was on our way to get groceries and he yelled stating he can't take it and went to the ER. He said the pain might be from kidney stones, well he was correct. They said it was a small kidney stone. Gave dh some pain meds and a prescription of oxycodone. He was having an attitude about everything but he didn't see I went with him and sat there for 6 hours but I didn't care.

Few hours later, he pees and it came out. He says he feels a lot better but says there is still another. I told him they said there is only one small one so he didnt have another.

But I'm glad he is much better now.

Replies

• Steph1499
    October 8, 2012 at 1:55 AM

My husband has gotten them before and now that your dh has gotten one, most likely he will get another.  Kidney stones hurt when they are getting ready to pass. Glad he is feeling better. 

• Fields456
    October 8, 2012 at 1:56 AM
    That's good hopefully he passes te other one soon
  • double2trouble
    October 8, 2012 at 3:13 AM

I have heard that Caffeine makes them develop and I have had an aunt with them and have seen her hurt I am glad that he is feeling better

• Titana
    by Titana
    October 8, 2012 at 7:07 AM
    Men can't ever handle pain like we do lol! They get sick and its like they r dying. Yet we love them anyway! :)
    The pp is right caffeine makes it more common to have them and so do preservatives.
  • AlannaMaria
    October 8, 2012 at 8:40 AM
    Eh, that must have been painful. Glad he's feeling better!
  • ShannaBee
    October 8, 2012 at 11:01 AM
    My DH gets kidney stones too. I sympathize with your poor DH. They are not fun.
  • mustloveanimals
    October 8, 2012 at 11:04 AM

My DH had one. All was fine and we went to church, but while at mass he had severe pain and asked me to take him to the ER. TOTALLY out of character. We went and in fact it was a stone. They gave him something and a little cone to pee into. He passed it at home and instantly felt fine. The ER doc said for men the pain is as bad or worse than birthing a child.

• parisonmom
    October 8, 2012 at 12:04 PM
    He had one long time ago(which I wasn't with him) he got one last christmas.

Quoting Steph1499:

My husband has gotten them before and now that your dh has gotten one, most likely he will get another.  Kidney stones hurt when they are getting ready to pass. Glad he is feeling better. 

• parisonmom
    October 8, 2012 at 12:06 PM
    He don't have anymore.

Quoting Fields456:

That's good hopefully he passes te other one soon

• ProudMommy51006
    October 8, 2012 at 12:08 PM
    Yea, my mom's friend (a women) has,given birth naturally 3 times and has had kidney stones. In her opinion, kidney stones were worse.

Quoting mustloveanimals:

My DH had one. All was fine and we went to church, but while at mass he had severe pain and asked me to take him to the ER. TOTALLY out of character. We went and in fact it was a stone. They gave him something and a little cone to pee into. He passed it at home and instantly felt fine. The ER doc said for men the pain is as bad or worse than birthing a child.

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts