Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
FebPenguins
Sunday = fight day!
October 7, 2012 at 3:38 PM

We seem to rarely see each other I am a SHAM and dh works 56+hrs a week. When Sunday rolls around we fight all day. He knows exactly which buttons to push and I am over it. IE: When I mentioned to him I am tired of my children saying "bad mommy/daddy" His response is "You're in charge while I am gone." To me this says, not only are you expected to cook and clean, but you also have to be the bad guy in dicipline. It also says all he is expected to do is work 6 days a week and povide the pay check. He will also say, "we discussed this before we choose to have children".

I don't know what to do to fix this. I don't even know what I want to have happen. I guess acknowledge that he picks fights on the only day we spend together. I think some of the problem is that I also have a nb (6 weeks) so sex has been non-existant. The other night he came home, sat on the computer for a while, jumped in the shower and headed to bed at 7:30, without hardly speaking to me. I thought not being together brings people together, not tear them apart.

K Vent over.

Replies

• earthangel1967
    October 7, 2012 at 3:46 PM

im sorry hugs good luck fingers crossed

Awww I'm sorry. Have you tried in a calm concerned tone talking to him about how you are sad about this and that you want things to be better and what you two together can do to improve the situation. Tryusing I statements like I feel and I think but not a lot of you statements like you always andyou never bc that makes the other person defensive and not listen and not willing to work with you. Good luck. HUGS

• ShannaBee
    October 7, 2012 at 7:12 PM
    I am so there with you. Me and DH finally talked about it. It's his job and all the stress. We have both agreed to work on a few things. Stress can wreak havoc on a marriage. I hope you and DH can sit down and talk these things out and get back on track. Good luck to you.
  • Apple1
    by Apple1
    October 8, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Hugs to you, I understand and can relate to how you feel!  My husband has been working about 65 hour work week the last month or so and our stress level has gone way up.  It's not easy, you would think spending more time away would make you miss and love each other more, but unfortunately, sometimes it does do the opposite.  Can you two get a way for a date night?  Have some time alone in the evenings when the kids go to sleep to reconnect?  ((HUGS)) 

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN