Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
LilTymomma
Show me your wedding pictures
October 5, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I am getting ready to plan my wedding. I want to get some ideas. We are thinking a very tiny wedding like 30 guests max. And our budget is pretty low, or at least we are not planning on spending too much. We have not set a date yet, thats why im getting ready to start planning, lol. I've been watching a lot of shows and i'm getting so excited!!!

Replies

• Lorena
    by Lorena
    October 6, 2012 at 5:02 PM

We did ours cheap. I got my dress at a second hand store for $8. My best friend helped keep everything organized and planned her and her dh also did our videos, pics and web site. They owns a videography business. another friend and her dh did our cake! My step mom provided the dj. We catered ourselves and decorated. our pastor was a friends uncle.

The only bad part was that the girl I picked to be my maidter of houner did not show up. (we are no longer friends)

• zmans_mommy
    October 6, 2012 at 5:08 PM
    My sister in law did everyones make up. I did all our centerpieces. One of my FIL's made all the food, the other did our music. (DH has a step dad) A friend of my other sister in law did our pictures.
  • nikabear
    October 6, 2012 at 5:11 PM
    I love you cake and its colors!!! Those are the colors that we are using for our wedding!!! Everything was beautiful!!

Quoting nicole2884:

we got married two years ago, it was wonderful 

we had 50 guest, got married in the park had our reception right there they have indoor facilities

my very good friend acted as a day of planner, my family helped set up an clean up

photographer was a friend of my mothers they are both pro. photographers an best friends 

sister made the jewelry

'i diy'd all the decor

found the cheapest dj in a neighboring state , we live close to the border of sc

found a lady who made cakes out of her home cheap an yummy

splurged on my dress

spent less that 8g, which is an isnt expense depending

ii made the pomanders , i blinged out the cake topper , which was cheaper than buying a bling one but ndefiantly wasnt the cheapest option 

we did our own flowers

in retrospec 

doing a ipod playlist instead of dj would have cut cost

i spent to much on my dress

food could have been cheaper but i was getting fed up i had called or emailed 8 places this was the cheapest

i didnt have to go over board with decor , i could have saved on table centerpieces even though we didd them ourselves

but it was a wonderful day 

• squeekers
    October 6, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I planned our 10 yr renewal of vows, unbeknownst to my DH: it was a surprise for him. I planned & budgeted the entire ceremony: paid for tuxedos for DH, & best man, dress for me, wedding cake, dress & flowers for our 18 month old flower girl dd, my bouquet, and my father hosted the reception at his house. we had, sheesh making myself think back that far, 25 guests total. I spent $550.00 total.

• nicole2884
    October 6, 2012 at 5:20 PM

yes i did , i love them an use them as decor in my house, time consuming but beautiful

Quoting justpeachy71904:

How did you make the pomanders?

Quotin

in retrospec 

food could have been cheaper but i was getting fed up i had called or emailed 8 places this was the cheapest

i didnt have to go over board with decor , i could have saved on table centerpieces even though we didd them ourselves

• nicole2884
    October 6, 2012 at 5:30 PM

thanks , i for got to include our other centerpieces

sister made the jewelry

'i diy'd all the decor

found the cheapest dj in a neighboring state , we live close to the border of sc

splurged on my dress

ii made the pomanders , i blinged out the cake topper , which was cheaper than buying a bling one but ndefiantly wasnt the cheapest option 

we did our own flowers

in retrospec 

• nikabear
    October 6, 2012 at 5:32 PM
    Love the feathers and flowers!!!

Quoting nicole2884:

thanks , i for got to include our other centerpieces

sister made the jewelry

'i diy'd all the decor

splurged on my dress

we did our own flowers

in retrospec 

• beeky
    by beeky
    October 6, 2012 at 6:16 PM

• carakitty
    October 6, 2012 at 7:31 PM

This was our cake

This is me and my Grandma

• MommyTo5Boys
    October 6, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Our Beautiful (but cheap) backyard wedding

Love & Marriage