Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
haysyd
the love dare updated 10/12
by haysyd
October 2, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Has anyone done the 40 days and it saved your marriage? I have seen the movie fireproof before and after 3 months of marriage my husband won't kiss or touch me. He has been distant for several weeks and I have tried to talk to him but I get no answers. So yesterday I went to the bookstore and got two copies of the love dare. One for me and one for my husband. I gave it to him last night and he looked at the cover and just set it down didn't even bother to read it. I am going to do the dare and pray that we make it. And we have been together for 4 years and have a 2 year old son.

Update- I am still reading the book and I am up to day 9 on the dares. This book has opened my eyes and I have learned so much. For the first time in weeks my husband invited my to lunch to talk. We talked for several hours and I found out that he thinks I am unhappy. I am not unhappy just kind of in a rut. I am getting a part time job and I am getting more involved in our church. I have also dealt with depression and I saw my Dr two weeks ago and I have been on medication since then. I can tell a difference and in a good way. Thank you again for the kind thoughts, prayers and encouragement!

Replies

• the.real.me
    October 2, 2012 at 10:13 AM
    Good luck. I loved the idea of the movie, and (though it lacks as 'entertainment') its an awesome addition to the book. To the book bc it shows the coldness, hopelessness, frustration etc that goes along with being the only one working towards something... journal it in here, you'll get amazing support... <3
  • haysyd
    by haysyd
    October 2, 2012 at 10:20 AM
    Thank you. Today is day 2 kindness. I brought him a cup of coffee while he was getting ready for work. And only spoke nicely to him.
  • MMerrill
    October 2, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I hope it works, I think it's a wonderful book!!

• aidenmomplus4
    October 2, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I hope you are able to make it work, I have never heard of the book but if it will give you hope and a guideline to open communications, I'm sure it could be worth it. 

• 2lilmamas
    October 2, 2012 at 12:18 PM

No I have not. But I love the movie. ANd if it helps your marriage the maybe it worth giving it a shot.

• LilMOMavila08
    October 2, 2012 at 12:52 PM

yes. My husband had an app on his ipod. It worked for us. we also have the love dare couples edition. try it....i'll keep u in prayer. 

• furbabymum
    October 2, 2012 at 1:29 PM

I started doing it once. I did like a week or 2. We weren't in that bad of shape I just wanted to see what would happen. Just got lazy. :P

Now marriage counseling, that I do and it has REALLY helped.

• Queenofkingdom3
    October 2, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I am doing that right now. My husband and I are having a rough time right now. I am hoping it works. We are only on day 2 also.

• elsie_may
    October 2, 2012 at 2:26 PM

i want to do it just to see if it does work and make things better me and SO fight alot anymore....

• Metteba
    by Metteba
    October 2, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Please, I did the 4 day-thing. Shit went down on a Tuesday and I told him you have until Saturday (4days) to move out anything left after that is going to my yard sale.  He's not into you no mo'.  Just let him go.  As a matter of fact leave your son with him and let your EX take care of him.  ((your prolly a SAHM, so my guess is you are sticking it out, cuz you have no place to go or life experience (job, skool, etc).

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts