Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
clz0213
in your wedding did you...
by clz0213
October 1, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Do any sort of sand or candle ceremony? DF and i debated between ceremonies for awhile. If you don't know what they are, a candle light ceremony is where bride and groom take one candle each and use the flames to light a larger candle then extinguish their individual flames. A sand ceremony is where bride and groom have a container of colored sand each and pour it into a glass vase to where they mingle. I'm curious of other ceremonies people have done or if you think the candle or sand is better. I like the sand because you can keep the sand filled vase as a keepsake.

Replies

• bunnywzrd
    October 1, 2012 at 9:34 AM

I have never heard of the sand one but that sounds really neat. I think that if I had known about it I would have probably done that. We didn't do the candle one either.

• m0mmy0ftw02012
    October 1, 2012 at 9:36 AM

With my ex- we had the great courthouse wedding.... My mother had the candles are her ceremony... I never heard of the sand one.... but i like it! If i get married again.... That would be pretty cool!

• bmw29
    by bmw29
    October 1, 2012 at 9:36 AM
    We did a unity ceremony with the candle. We still have all of our candles. Your supposed to do it again on milestone anniversaries.
  • i.heart.myboys
    October 1, 2012 at 9:38 AM
    I did not. We did the court house wedding to be honest with you. But that's kind of what we wanted to do. We may do something like that for a vow renewal.
  • bookworm14
    October 1, 2012 at 9:44 AM
    I love the sand ceremony. Perhaps I'll work it in if/when I get married.
  • ethannskysmom
    October 1, 2012 at 9:45 AM
    my ex and I, did what my pastor called a salt ceremony.. we each had a cup of salt and poured it into a vase....
  • mom_of_one_2010
    October 1, 2012 at 9:45 AM
    We did the candle thing
  • krbooth
    by krbooth
    October 1, 2012 at 9:47 AM
    We did sand but I did alot of research before deciding on that. Google unity ceremonies j think and see what that comes up with. There's alot
  • BrennaLyons
    October 1, 2012 at 9:48 AM

We did the candle one. Hubby jokes that he should have thought that through. I'm so clumsy, it was probably taking our lives in our hands to have my carrying around a lit candle. Grin...

• MagicTemptation
    October 1, 2012 at 9:51 AM

There is a cord ceremony, it is traditional in other cultures. It is where "Tieing the knot" comes from. You use cords/ribbon and loosely tie them around your joined hands. Each color represents something different. And there is also the Jumping of the broom. After which many hang the broom above the door way to sweep out negative energy.

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN