Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
clz0213
in your wedding did you...
by clz0213
October 1, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Do any sort of sand or candle ceremony? DF and i debated between ceremonies for awhile. If you don't know what they are, a candle light ceremony is where bride and groom take one candle each and use the flames to light a larger candle then extinguish their individual flames. A sand ceremony is where bride and groom have a container of colored sand each and pour it into a glass vase to where they mingle. I'm curious of other ceremonies people have done or if you think the candle or sand is better. I like the sand because you can keep the sand filled vase as a keepsake.

Replies

• Babujai
    by Babujai
    October 1, 2012 at 9:53 AM

We did the unity candle.  I love the idea of love being a light and a fire.

• masonmomma
    October 1, 2012 at 9:55 AM
    Well since I had kids from a previous relationship we did a family medallion ceremony as well and made vows to the kids. Other then that we had a pretty traditional wedding.
  • melisawoosley
    October 1, 2012 at 9:57 AM
    Yes we did the unity candle ceremony :)
  • little.worthen
    October 1, 2012 at 9:58 AM
    No
  • aksub
    by aksub
    October 1, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Not for our actual wedding, it wasn't a ceremony at all. But at our vow renewal, we did the candle ceremony, but I really like the sand idea, because like you said, you can keep it. 

• Raeann11
    October 1, 2012 at 10:15 AM

We did the candle. We have all the candles in our hutch for display.

• MrsElliott92212
    October 1, 2012 at 10:40 AM

i got married last weekend and we did a sand ceremony. i loved it, and so did DH. we have the jar sitting above our fireplace with our wedding date on it.

• ashmac03

We didn't do it because we thought it was kind of cheesy.  

• brandyluzdavid

We went to the court house and got married.. My dad was in prision and I wanted him to be able to walk me down the isle, so DH knew how bad I wanted to marry him so he surprised me on 2-14-07 (we already had the paperwork)...

• Mommy4000
    October 1, 2012 at 10:41 AM

We didn't do any kind of ceremony, just the exchange of our vows. But I like the sand idea.

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN