Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
clz0213
in your wedding did you...
by clz0213
October 1, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Do any sort of sand or candle ceremony? DF and i debated between ceremonies for awhile. If you don't know what they are, a candle light ceremony is where bride and groom take one candle each and use the flames to light a larger candle then extinguish their individual flames. A sand ceremony is where bride and groom have a container of colored sand each and pour it into a glass vase to where they mingle. I'm curious of other ceremonies people have done or if you think the candle or sand is better. I like the sand because you can keep the sand filled vase as a keepsake.

Replies

• Babujai
    by Babujai
    October 1, 2012 at 9:53 AM

We did the unity candle.  I love the idea of love being a light and a fire.

• masonmomma
    October 1, 2012 at 9:55 AM
    Well since I had kids from a previous relationship we did a family medallion ceremony as well and made vows to the kids. Other then that we had a pretty traditional wedding.
  • melisawoosley
    October 1, 2012 at 9:57 AM
    Yes we did the unity candle ceremony :)
  • little.worthen
    October 1, 2012 at 9:58 AM
    No
  • aksub
    by aksub
    October 1, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Not for our actual wedding, it wasn't a ceremony at all. But at our vow renewal, we did the candle ceremony, but I really like the sand idea, because like you said, you can keep it. 

• Raeann11
    October 1, 2012 at 10:15 AM

We did the candle. We have all the candles in our hutch for display.

• MrsElliott92212
    October 1, 2012 at 10:40 AM

i got married last weekend and we did a sand ceremony. i loved it, and so did DH. we have the jar sitting above our fireplace with our wedding date on it.

• ashmac03

We didn't do it because we thought it was kind of cheesy.  

• brandyluzdavid

We went to the court house and got married.. My dad was in prision and I wanted him to be able to walk me down the isle, so DH knew how bad I wanted to marry him so he surprised me on 2-14-07 (we already had the paperwork)...

• Mommy4000
    October 1, 2012 at 10:41 AM

We didn't do any kind of ceremony, just the exchange of our vows. But I like the sand idea.

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts