Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
ShannaBee
Housework Part 2
November 23, 2010 at 8:45 AM
Does your hubby/SO do housework? Do you have to ask or beg or does he just do it? And for ladies whose hubbies/SO help out around the house PLEASE share how you get them to help!

Replies

• orange4agua72
    November 23, 2010 at 9:20 AM

He helps out a lot. I normally have to ask or remind him, but he's always willing to help when I ask.

• jenbscott
    November 23, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Yeah he helps out...when he wants something. If you know what I mean, lol.

He'll do whatever I ask him to do but I'd rather him not do any housework anyway because he SUCKS! Everything he does is half a**ed. Like, who the heck washes dishes with NO soap?! "well, piping hot water will kill all the germs". And, how do you straighten up the living room but not pick up all the small toys on the floor? "well, I got the big stuff out of the way". I might as well do it myself! lol

• kjbugsmom1517
    November 23, 2010 at 12:02 PM
    My husband will clean the bathroom which is the easiest job ever! When he does it tho he makes a mess in the hall way with rugs and laundry. And says "I said I'd clean the bathroom not the hall" drives me nuts!!! Most of the time he says "we can do this o that on my day off" but what he really means is I can do it while he lays on the couch like a lifeless log..
  • LovelyMother88
    November 23, 2010 at 12:09 PM

He helps me A LOT when he is in trouble. :)

• Honeybun09
    November 23, 2010 at 12:10 PM

He does it on his days off, just like I do it on my days off.

• jenbscott
    November 23, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Quoting kjbugsmom1517:

My husband will clean the bathroom which is the easiest job ever! When he does it tho he makes a mess in the hall way with rugs and laundry. And says "I said I'd clean the bathroom not the hall" drives me nuts!!! Most of the time he says "we can do this o that on my day off" but what he really means is I can do it while he lays on the couch like a lifeless log..

sidesplittinglaughter

• ShannaBee
    November 23, 2010 at 12:46 PM
    I feel better! My hubby isn't the only one who hates to clean and half ass cleans when asked.
  • ChelseaUT
    November 23, 2010 at 12:47 PM

My husband has a crazy work schedule, so I don't really expect him to help out too much. However, when he is home, he'll take out the trash, do dishes, etc. if I ask him to or if he knows I'm not feeling well (I'm pregnant, and some days I just have no energy..and he fully understands that and is supportive).

• soymujer
    November 23, 2010 at 1:51 PM

My hubby helps around the house.  I don't usually have to ask him, he just does it.  I never did anything to get him to help, he just does it.  He's home on Mondays so what we don't get done over the weekend, he'll do.  We both feel that the sooner the work is done, the sooner we can do fun stuff.

• Sophie4910
    November 23, 2010 at 4:36 PM

He normally will whine a little if I ask but do it and not be mad about it. Sometimes he will just do it but its rare.

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts