Featured Posts
Cafe Beth
Guys Banned From All-You-Can Eat Buffet for ... Well ... Eating All They Could Eat
October 5, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Guys Banned From All-You-Can Eat Buffet for ... Well ... Eating All They Could Eat

Posted by Adriana Velez on October 4, 2012 at 2:00 PM

buffetCall me crazy, but I always believed the whole point of an all-you-can-eat buffet was pigging out. It's about stuffing your gaping maw with as much food as you possibly can while paying the least amount possible. And if you're some of my relatives, that includes wrapping some of that food in napkins and carrying it home in your handbag. Yes, I come from very fancy people.

Anyway, I guess George Dalmon and Andy Milkes love their all-you-can-eat buffet too much. They've been banned from the Mongolian barbecue restaurant Gobi. "Basically they just come in and pig out," complained the restaurant manager, who is shocked, SHOCKED! that anyone would DO such a thing at an all-you-can-eat buffet. Oh noes, a gross case of Buffet Abuse! Somebody stop these two hogs.

Can you really ban someone from an all-you-can eat buffet? Yes! You! Can! The manager says, "We are not a charity, we're a business. It's our restaurant and we can tell people not to come back if we don't want them to." Well then! I guess they'd better stop giving George and Andy so much free food, then. Oh wait -- but George and Andy aren't getting free food. They're paying the same price everyone else does for the buffet meal.

They're not even eating that much. The restaurant claims they each stuff themselves with about five bowls of food. Well, okay, that is gross. That's way more than any non-Olympic human needs to eat at one meal. But it's not like they're eating away the whole restaurant. I'm sure there's still a few drumsticks and snow peas lying around at the buffet after they finish.

Look, if you're in the all-you-can-eat business, you're in the pig-out business. Otherwise, call your establishment something else, like Gobi Barbecue Buffet of Moderation for People Who Only Eat One Cup of Food Per Meal. But don't penalize these two brave customers for testing the boundaries of the all-you-can-eat buffet. For they are the real heroes.

Click HERE to see video.

Do you think there should be limits for all-you-can-eat buffets?

Replies

• Jukebox_Jenny
    October 5, 2012 at 12:44 PM
    Nope. Those guys balance out those who eat practically nothing even though they pay the same price.
  • jessicasmom1
    October 5, 2012 at 12:46 PM

that is true Jenny, We went to eat for the family birthday the other day it was wing night all you can eat, SO had 15, FIL had 20, Cousin had 25 but they all paid the same price so I do not see the issue

• August07Mom
    October 5, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I agree. I hate buffets because I don't eat enough to pay the price. DH though, makes up for it. LOL

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

Nope. Those guys balance out those who eat practically nothing even though they pay the same price.

• Jukebox_Jenny
    October 5, 2012 at 12:51 PM
    Me too! I pay extra cuz I eat so little.

Quoting August07Mom:

I agree. I hate buffets because I don't eat enough to pay the price. DH though, makes up for it. LOL

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

• boshs1andonly
    October 5, 2012 at 12:52 PM
    Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

I agree, when I go to buffets I probably don't eat enough to justify the price. But then again I don't go to buffets to pig out, I go when I'm not sure what I want to eat lol. But its still ridiculous for them to be banned for eating a lot
  • Jukebox_Jenny
    October 5, 2012 at 12:53 PM
    Agreed.

Quoting boshs1andonly:

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

I agree, when I go to buffets I probably don't eat enough to justify the price. But then again I don't go to buffets to pig out, I go when I'm not sure what I want to eat lol. But its still ridiculous for them to be banned for eating a lot
  • thecoffeefairy
    October 5, 2012 at 12:55 PM
    If we go to an all you can eat place, we eat!
  • jessicasmom1
    October 5, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I agree, I know DD and I don't eat enough to justify the price

Quoting August07Mom:

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

• michiganmom116
    October 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I agree that an "ALL YOU CAN EAT" means all you can eat, no matter how much that is.  I HAVE heard of some restaurants putting a limit on these types of buffets, though.

I can understand the shock of the owner of the restaurant, because Asians eat such small portions compared to the typical American.  What those two men ate would feed a typical Asian family for a good week. 

• aenima49
    October 5, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I don't like buffets because if I eat more than a plate, I feel sick, LOL.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts