mishlerdr24
Daycare
January 30, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Today I signed up at a gym which has a daycare for kids. This is the first time Jace has ever been in this type of environment, new place, new faces, new toys! I was very proud of my baby today! I took him in and off he went to play with the toys. As I am filling out his paperworks he brought me a mickey mouse that he found. I gave it back and off he went again. The one teacher said that she was going to take him so he doesn't see me leave, well he saw me leave and started crying. I waited a minute or two and he was then fine! I really thought he was going to cry the entire time or even longer than that! Due to he cries when I drop him off at Grandma and Grandpa's house when I go to work. But my parents said that he cries for a few minutes and is fine!!! When i was done working out and went to pick him up, as soon as I walked in and said hey bubs he turned around looked at me and couldn't walk fast enough to give me a big hug!! Melted my heart!  Anyways, I was just very proud of my baby today!!! Making me feel like my baby is turning into a big boy!!! 

Share your LO's first experience in daycare!

Replies

• jobberwocky
    January 30, 2013 at 9:56 PM
    Aww that's great!! My son hasn't been in a daycare or a daycare environment. He's been left with a friend only 3 times and they said he did fine.
  • cabrandy03
    January 31, 2013 at 12:52 AM

awwww glad it went well :)

The first time we left Lynzie in a daycare setting was just a few months ago at church.  I expected her to totally freak out but she did surprisingly well.

• MomToovey
    January 31, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Aww, what a great experience!

Good thinking with getitng out of there and not letting his cries stop you. I can't tell you how hard it was on me as a preschool teacher for 4 years (and even now as a Sunday School teacher) when the parents wouldn't leave. The longer you stay, the longer the kid cries! Get out of there quickly and trust the caregivers, we know what we're doing :)

(Sorry for the little rant)