The Park Bench

earthangel1967
Adoption?
November 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Today November 17th is National Adoption Day.

Where you adopted or any of your kids or other loved ones?

http://www.childwelfare.gov/adoption/nam/

Replies

• earthangel1967
    November 17, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I wasn't and none of my kids were but one of my cousins was. I remember when I was 7 and my aunt and uncle brought him home at 4mos old, I was sooooo excited. : )

• kiddo0820
    November 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM
    My oldest sister was adopted and a couple of my cousins where too. DH and I have been trying for our first for 5 years and if it doesn't happen within the next year or 2, we plan on adopting.
  • EireLass
    November 17, 2012 at 11:51 AM

No, I'm not adopted. I have not adopted either. 2 of my nieces have adopted, I think those are the only ones I know of.

• VintageWife
    November 17, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Not me or mine. I do know people that were or have though.

• rocky_mtn_mama
    November 17, 2012 at 2:41 PM

My mom and her twin brother were adopted by my grandparents as older children (around age 8).

• snuggiewoogie
    November 17, 2012 at 3:03 PM

My husband was Adopted.....

• LivinDeadGurl
    November 17, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Nope

• CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    November 17, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Two of my ex's cousins were adopted.  

• Charli627
    November 17, 2012 at 8:41 PM
    Nope
  • redvelvet42
    November 17, 2012 at 10:22 PM

my mom was adopted by an aunt and her husband when she was very young. she visited her parents and sisters but lived a comfortable life with her aunt and uncle. my grandparents gave her away because they were having some hard times financially.

i am not opposed to adotion but i would be soooo hurt by the adopted child seeking out the birth parents and throughing that relationship in my face... when i was young doctors told my mom i would never be able to have my own children because i had a lot of female problems. i thought about adoption but am so glad i did not because i was able to get pregnant after all and now have 4 children of my own.

The Park Bench

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts