The Park Bench

earthangel1967
Adoption?
November 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Today November 17th is National Adoption Day.

Where you adopted or any of your kids or other loved ones?

http://www.childwelfare.gov/adoption/nam/

Replies

• earthangel1967
    November 17, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I wasn't and none of my kids were but one of my cousins was. I remember when I was 7 and my aunt and uncle brought him home at 4mos old, I was sooooo excited. : )

• kiddo0820
    November 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM
    My oldest sister was adopted and a couple of my cousins where too. DH and I have been trying for our first for 5 years and if it doesn't happen within the next year or 2, we plan on adopting.
  • EireLass
    November 17, 2012 at 11:51 AM

No, I'm not adopted. I have not adopted either. 2 of my nieces have adopted, I think those are the only ones I know of.

• VintageWife
    November 17, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Not me or mine. I do know people that were or have though.

• rocky_mtn_mama
    November 17, 2012 at 2:41 PM

My mom and her twin brother were adopted by my grandparents as older children (around age 8).

• snuggiewoogie
    November 17, 2012 at 3:03 PM

My husband was Adopted.....

• LivinDeadGurl
    November 17, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Nope

• CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    November 17, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Two of my ex's cousins were adopted.  

• Charli627
    November 17, 2012 at 8:41 PM
    Nope
  • redvelvet42
    November 17, 2012 at 10:22 PM

my mom was adopted by an aunt and her husband when she was very young. she visited her parents and sisters but lived a comfortable life with her aunt and uncle. my grandparents gave her away because they were having some hard times financially.

i am not opposed to adotion but i would be soooo hurt by the adopted child seeking out the birth parents and throughing that relationship in my face... when i was young doctors told my mom i would never be able to have my own children because i had a lot of female problems. i thought about adoption but am so glad i did not because i was able to get pregnant after all and now have 4 children of my own.

The Park Bench

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN