The Park Bench

ladybee2009
Seize the Season and Give
November 16, 2012 at 4:12 PM

God so loved the world that He GAVE His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him, will not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

If you are a CHRISTian, the one thing you KNOW about God is that He is a giver. He gives us freely ALL things to enjoy! He gave us this planet to rule on, He gives us the power to get wealth, He camps His angels around us for our protection. He is a giver. As we get ready to enter and enjoy the Holyday Season and Thanksgiving, lets not only remember that God is a giver but lets also posture ourselves to give. May we seek and seize opportunities, to pray for people and compel them to Christ.May we with the wisdom of the Spirit,  invite someone into our home that may not have a place to live, or people to spend this special season with. May we open our wallets just a little wider, and bless the orphans and the widows. May we buy some presents for those who cannot, and or buy a pair of goats for a family overseas that will help them be self sustaining (more on that soon!). Make this Holyday Season count, make it BIG for someone else in the name of Jesus. Its time to be known as GIVERS just like our Daddy, will you take the time to pray and plan just how you and your family will IMPACT others for Jesus this Holyday Season! WE are and we invite you to do the same.

We love you and may YOU sow 

and or reap a great HARVEST this week!

Replies

• snuggiewoogie
    November 16, 2012 at 4:37 PM

good 

• CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    November 16, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Why does all this have to be done on the name of Jesus or Christ?  Do you actually believe that those of other faiths don't give, don't care?  Don't celebrate the season which Christians took from the other religions to use as their celebration of the birth of Yeshua?  The season and the celebrations were here long before the birth of Christianity.  It wasn't given it was taken.  

• Charli627
    November 17, 2012 at 8:41 PM
    Tfs
  • SassyWildflower
    November 18, 2012 at 8:55 AM
    :) tfs
  • earthangel1967
    November 18, 2012 at 1:59 PM

We give all year around, we really enjoy it.

Then at christmas time we give to the salvation army bellringers every single time we go to the store.

We get toys and gifts for Toys for Tots and for the Angel Giving Tree (my kids were recipients over a decade ago for 2 yrs in  a row when I use to be very poor and I was grateful to tears so its an extra joy to give back to them now)

I saw in the city community newspaper they are having a christmas tree on dec 1st to hang brand new mittens and socks on for donation to charity I am looking forward to that this year too I especially want to get those super soft and indulgent aloe infused socks : )

When our 5 kids were growing up before christmas we always helped them go thru all their gently used like new clothes and toys that they no longer needed or used and donated those to charity too.

• earthangel1967
    November 18, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Quoting CoeyG:

Why does all this have to be done on the name of Jesus or Christ?  Do you actually believe that those of other faiths don't give, don't care?  Don't celebrate the season which Christians took from the other religions to use as their celebration of the birth of Yeshua?  The season and the celebrations were here long before the birth of Christianity.  It wasn't given it was taken.  

A couple of my kids are agnostics and even athiests and I swear they are some of the most compassionate, empathetic, generous charitable giving people I personally know. Their religion or lack there of is beside the point. My daughter who is an athiest said "There are some christians if not alot who do good and kind things because A. they are afraid if they dont they might go to hell for being bad or mean OR B. they are trying to earn points with God somehow or please Him, but she said as an athiest she is exceptionally kind and helpful and good just because she geniunely cares and wants to be, no ulterior motive at all.  I myself believe in and love God but I think Brittany  has a good and fair point. (and she is not implying ALL christians are that way either)

• CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    November 18, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I give year round, I don't need a chane in the weather to give to the food bank and when I was able bodied I didn't just voluntree at the soup kitchens during "holiday season" Giving shold be year round and not just to "buy a ticket to god" or as Led Zepplin says "buying the stairway to heaven".  Treating people badly because of their culture or sexual prefernce doesn't cut it simply because they become "godly" at the end of the year.   

• sonnyswoman75
    November 19, 2012 at 10:32 PM
    I love it! My goal is to a RAK everyday

The Park Bench

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN