The Park Bench

CoolMommyofboys
Have you turned on the heat?
October 6, 2012 at 4:14 PM
A "cold front" came through last night. It is 73 in my house (the a/c is off). I'm cold - I like it to be about 77. Ugh!! I don't want to turn my heat in yet - I hate the smell (that first time it's turned on) and ugh the bill - hate that more

Have you had to turn on the heat? How cold is it outside?

Replies

• diaperstodating
    October 6, 2012 at 11:48 PM
    No. We had a cold front today to, we turned off the air yesterday.
  • snowangel1979
    October 7, 2012 at 12:04 AM
    Yes, but we have an outdoor wood boiler and Dh picks up the fallen wood all year. So, It's almost free. I love that thing.

If we didn't have it we would be screwed right now because our furnace caught on fire and we are fighting to get it fixed. We are in Michigan and It's supposed to get down in the low 30's tonight.
    (3 year old furnace, under warranty, not even on and caught fire out of no where)
  • Bradensmommy719
    October 7, 2012 at 12:23 AM
    Last week. It was a.high of 40 today low of 20. It was too cold not to turn it on as the nights have been getting colder.
  • MomLuvsTnkrbell
    October 7, 2012 at 12:56 AM
    Yep. In the 30's here north of Kansas City Have a freeze warning tonight even. Grrrr BUT our house runs on all electric so our heater doesn't stink the first time. Doesn't change our bills much either from summer to winter.
  • thatgirl70
    October 7, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Yep! It's a bit nippy.

• mhmomma
    by mhmomma
    October 7, 2012 at 8:17 AM
    Nope. I refuse to turn the heat on for awhile. Maybe in November lol. We still have windows open. My family doesn't mind the cold actually. We are still using windows and ceiling fans.
  • a_brown23
    October 7, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I live in Florida. It has been mid to high 80's all week.

• diaperstodating
    October 7, 2012 at 10:00 AM

It's rainy and 52 degrees outside today, inside 70 degrees. I just turned on the heat.

• suetoo
    by suetoo
    October 7, 2012 at 10:35 AM
    It was 40 when I got up. Gas fireplace the best thing we ever bought for the house. First time you put the furnace on, have the windows and doors open for a minute or three. We live near Buffalo and get lots of Lake Erie effect rain and snow. I hate cold and snow!
  • Bookwormy
    October 7, 2012 at 10:39 AM
    First cold front yesterday & could have w/the temps going to the 40s last night. But refused w/the temps back in the 80s later this week. I like it cooler.

The Park Bench

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts