Featured Posts
SassyWildflower
What kind of foods?
October 1, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I found out yesterday that my parents are giving dh and I the wedding we never go to have! (it was supposed to be a surprise but dad told us..lol) We have been together for 8 years...Legally married for nearly 5. 

This is going to be a small scale event at a local park under a gazebo. I'm thinking probably 20 people or less on October 26th.

What types of food would you suggest for after the ceremony? I know for sure the cake is taken care of and the chocolate fountain will be there but I'm unsure abou the "main" food.

My mom suggested chili and mini sandwiches..Im not sure..lol..Any suggestions?

Replies

• AnGLInterrupted
    October 1, 2013 at 9:27 AM
    Honestly, I'm not too sure how well chili would go with cake. If it were me I'd probably go to Subway and pick up some sandwich platters. Go for a fancy backyard bbq type of deal.
  • SassyWildflower
    October 1, 2013 at 9:30 AM
    That's what my dad suggested. He said "Idk about Leland but I think I would want a steak." LOL...He wants to do grilled foods. I wouldn't mind some grilled shrimp myself. LOL..But IDK. LOL
    Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Honestly, I'm not too sure how well chili would go with cake. If it were me I'd probably go to Subway and pick up some sandwich platters. Go for a fancy backyard bbq type of deal.
  • HisSweetheart07
    October 1, 2013 at 9:31 AM

happy 

• AnGLInterrupted
    October 1, 2013 at 9:37 AM
    Grilled foods sound awesome! If the menfolk don't mind, make them cook it all up.. leave the women to deal with more important things.. like flowers!

Quoting SassyWildflower:

That's what my dad suggested. He said "Idk about Leland but I think I would want a steak." LOL...He wants to do grilled foods. I wouldn't mind some grilled shrimp myself. LOL..But IDK. LOL
    Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

• SassyWildflower
    October 1, 2013 at 9:38 AM
    lol..dad said he'd do the cooking..Probably him and my brother. I've been left out of the planning but I'm a control freak and I am making suggestions. LOL
    Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Grilled foods sound awesome! If the menfolk don't mind, make them cook it all up.. leave the women to deal with more important things.. like flowers!

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

• dalbax2
    by dalbax2
    October 1, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I would do easy things like finger sandwiches, salads, devilled eggs, etc.

• dingysfamily
    October 1, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Hey, if you want grilled shrimp, go for it ... it's your wedding.  If your dad is willing to do the grilling, then let him.  Who says a wedding reception has to be so formal?  Make it what you & dh want and have a lot of fun.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

• SassyWildflower
    October 1, 2013 at 12:25 PM

thanks! I am getting my grilled shrimp. LOL 

Quoting dingysfamily:

Hey, if you want grilled shrimp, go for it ... it's your wedding.  If your dad is willing to do the grilling, then let him.  Who says a wedding reception has to be so formal?  Make it what you & dh want and have a lot of fun.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

• psych_mom
    October 1, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I would do something yummy myself. If you guys want steak and shrimp, get steak and shrimp :)

• Kmakksmom
    October 9, 2013 at 2:23 PM
    I was going to suggest a surf n turf kind of deal *seafood and steak*.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts