November 27, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I want a new bedding set but I'm having a hard time deciding

Replies

• turtle07
    November 27, 2012 at 3:16 PM
  • Linds2Horse
    November 27, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Quoting jaytee:

The chair is red with nailhead beading on the edges (does that even make sense?) The curtains are brown. Do you think I should get different curtains too?

Quoting psych_mom:

Definitely number 2 to add some spice. I would try to find some pictures that have some red in them as well.

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

How does the rest of your room look? Then I can give you an informed decision.

I like #2 best for your room. It's small and dark and #1 will make it feel that way even more unless you can go bold on your walls.

I would either paint the wall behind your bed the same color red as the comforter, and hang dark brown window panels, or I would go with red window panels and add a wide brown stripe to the bottom.

Also separate your two dressers so that you have a large space betweeen them.  Place the chair between them, a very small table, and hang a mirror or bright print on the wall.  It will open your room up a lot.

• psych_mom
    November 27, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Check out Bed, Bath and Beyond. They have lots of beautiful stuff that would work.

• Kayla060812
    November 27, 2012 at 3:22 PM
  • psych_mom
    November 27, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Barbie, are you sure that you don't want to go into business together, lol. I was thinking the same thing about the dressers, but I see that she has them pushed together for function. Bed side lamps would also help this space a lot with lighting.

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting jaytee:

The chair is red with nailhead beading on the edges (does that even make sense?) The curtains are brown. Do you think I should get different curtains too?

Quoting psych_mom:

Definitely number 2 to add some spice. I would try to find some pictures that have some red in them as well.

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

I like #2 best for your room. It's small and dark and #1 will make it feel that way even more unless you can go bold on your walls.

I would either paint the wall behind your bed the same color red as the comforter, and hang dark brown window panels, or I would go with red window panels and add a wide brown stripe to the bottom.

Also separate your two dressers so that you have a large space betweeen them.  Place the chair between them, a very small table, and hang a mirror or bright print on the wall.  It will open your room up a lot.

• Linds2Horse
    November 27, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Quoting psych_mom:

Barbie, are you sure that you don't want to go into business together, lol. I was thinking the same thing about the dressers, but I see that she has them pushed together for function. Bed side lamps would also help this space a lot with lighting.

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

If you are thinking she should paint her early American style nightstands a fun, but slightly distressed color (and I already know you were) then YES! LOL

And Jaytee, I don't mean that in any disrespect to you, but you have some great pieces that could make your room look Amazing with just a few little changes.

• psych_mom
    November 27, 2012 at 4:05 PM

That could be very pretty, she could use chalk paint and ah... sigh... beautiful! LOL. So in a few years when I am burnt out and have my student loans paid off and you are tired of staring at the computer screen all day,  lets go for it :)

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

If you are thinking she should paint her early American style nightstands a fun, but slightly distressed color (and I already know you were) then YES! LOL

And Jaytee, I don't mean that in any disrespect to you, but you have some great pieces that could make your room look Amazing with just a few little changes.

• sreichelt26
    November 27, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I like the second one better

• Linds2Horse
    November 27, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Quoting psych_mom:

That could be very pretty, she could use chalk paint and ah... sigh... beautiful! LOL. So in a few years when I am burnt out and have my student loans paid off and you are tired of staring at the computer screen all day,  lets go for it :)

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

You will be a most excellent partner.  I worry that I will be completely crazy by that time so I might need to use some of your psych skills. :)

BTW, my bow tying is not coming along so well. You'll have to be our bow tyer.

• psych_mom
    November 27, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Well, I will bring you back to sanity and teach you how to make bows and you can teach me all the DIY stuff I don't know :)

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting psych_mom:

You will be a most excellent partner.  I worry that I will be completely crazy by that time so I might need to use some of your psych skills. :)

BTW, my bow tying is not coming along so well. You'll have to be our bow tyer.

Home Life

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN