Home Life

Featured Posts
Cafe Denise
How do you feel about pumpkin carving? Love the tradition or can't stand the mess?
October 10, 2012 at 12:20 PM

6 Super Cool No-Carve Pumpkin Ideas

Posted by Gabrielle Blair on October 8, 2012

Let's face it, carving pumpkins isn't the most convenient (or clean) of fall activities, so I thought it might be fun to gather together a few fun pumpkin decorating alternatives like those beautifully patterned painted pumpkins from Alisa Burke pictured above. 

Click through to see 5 more great ideas below!

White paint and rick rack, I'm so in. Love these pretties from Eddie Ross

Break out the ModPodge, it's time to get crazy! This fun idea was spotted over at Make and Takes

I love monograms and the idea of putting one on pumpkin is pure inspiration. See the tutorial here fromThe Butlers

Don't these remind you of Faberge eggs? So delicate and beautiful! See more here from Alisa Burke

A swarm of paper bats, ahhhh!! I think it looks so cool, what a great idea from No Biggie!

How do you feel about pumpkin carving? Love the tradition or can't stand the mess? 

Replies

• Jukebox_Jenny
    October 10, 2012 at 12:24 PM
    Looooove pumpkin carving!!
  • SassyWildflower
    October 10, 2012 at 12:34 PM

we love carving pumpkins!!

It's always a fun time. We all get involved--it's a family activity for sure!

• psych_mom
    October 10, 2012 at 3:40 PM

I hate carving pumpkins, but the kids love it.

Just want to clarify as to why I hate carving pumpkins. I am not good at it. I really want to be good at it and have the pumpkins turn out cute and fun, but no, my pumpkins never do and my super creative husband that is a fantastic artist never helps. So I end up with an ugly pumpkin, lol. And the kids always end up upset because we have an ugly pumpkin. They love the part where they get all the gross stuff out of it (so do I) but that is where the fun ends. This year, I am making dh help with the pumpkin carving and I am having a pretty pumpkin on my porch, lol.

• aj23
    by aj23
    October 10, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I love it. I buy real pumpkins and foam ones so the mess is minimal.

• inmybizz
    October 10, 2012 at 3:53 PM

we love pumpkin carving, but have also found some really cool ways to decorate w/o carving..

• snuggiewoogie
    October 10, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Haha! I love it and I love picking all the seeds out of all the goo!

• AnGLInterrupted
    October 10, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I love the tradition of it.  The mess is temporary.  The memories last forever.

• rocamom
    by rocamom
    October 10, 2012 at 6:58 PM

I LOVE to carve pumpkins..

• rebeccasmly
    October 10, 2012 at 9:52 PM

All 6 of my kids design and carve a pumpkin each year. I also place non carved pumpkins up around the house to decorate.

• Linds2Horse
    October 10, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I don't care for carving.  My pumpkins never come out like I want them too, and I'm a control freak / perfectionist so that really bothers me.  The last few I've decorated other ways, and DS has those Mr Potatoe Head -like things that we stick into the pumpkins.

Home Life

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts