Home Life

Featured Posts
Cafe Beth
Are DIY Wreaths Your Thing?
October 9, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I found this Candy Corn Wreath tutorial and thought it was so cute! Cute enough that I wanted to share it with you ladies. Do you have any fun wreaths you've made?

Candy Corn Wreath

This is what you will need:
-wreath
-candy corn
-glue gun
-electrical tape
-acrylic glaze

This is how I made it:
1) I wrapped electrical tape about the wreath.

Here is what it looks like all black

2) Next I glued the candy corn onto the wreath. I got my candy from the dollar store and it took about 3 bags. I started in the middle and worked my way to the front.

3) I continued gluing the candy corn. I alternated directions of the candy corn every row.

4) I'm hanging this on my front door, so I had to water proof it. I used a can of acrylic glaze and sprayed it onto the candy corn.

5) I sprayed the whole thing. I went over it two or three times.

6) I added some cute Halloween ribbon and hung it on my door.

Replies

• cafay
    by cafay
    October 9, 2012 at 3:12 PM

This is so cute! I want a glue gun now! I should admit though that I'm not terribly creative in this way. But I think I could do this!

• cowboysgirl3227
    October 9, 2012 at 3:36 PM

That is so cute.  I have made one Halloween wreath and am working on a second one.  I don't have any pics right at the moment but I will take some if you want to see.  The first one I did I got to black feather boas and a straw wreath from Walmart.  Then I got some eyeball balls, the bouncy kind.  I wrapped the wreath with the feather boas and then I glued the eyes on in pairs, it turned out adorable.  For the second one I got a pool noodle from the dollar store (I cut it down a bit and taped the two ends together to form a ring) and several sheets of orange felt.  I cut circles out of the felt and use a pin in the center of each circle to attach it to the foam ring.  I am covering the entire thing like this.  I made a styrofoam spider that I will attach to the wreath after I am done with the felt. 

• sunshinepraying
    October 9, 2012 at 3:38 PM
    So cool!
  • rocamom
    by rocamom
    October 9, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I have never made one but that's really cute..

• SassyWildflower
    October 9, 2012 at 4:23 PM
    Thats adorable. Ive never made one but im going to do a couple for christmas.
  • snuggiewoogie
    October 9, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Cool :)

• mmeredith
    October 9, 2012 at 4:46 PM

That's really cute!! I wish I could be crafty. I think if I had enough money and patience I could do it... oh yea and time.

• SassyWildflower
    October 9, 2012 at 5:25 PM

crafting doesn't have to be expensive at all!

Patience..that's another story. LOL

Quoting mmeredith:

That's really cute!! I wish I could be crafty. I think if I had enough money and patience I could do it... oh yea and time.

• armywifeproud
    October 9, 2012 at 10:07 PM
    This is so cute!
  • Linds2Horse
    October 9, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Cute! Thanks for sharing

Home Life

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to