Home Life

steelcage
renters insurance?
October 8, 2012 at 2:17 AM
Do you have renters insurance and if it something dh and I should get?

Replies

• pamk5641
    October 8, 2012 at 4:30 AM

I am considering getting renter's insurance.  It is fairly inexpensive and covers any damage from floods or fire etc as well as theft.  It is just like homeowners insurance I have heard.  I think it would be worth the same amount of money to get it. 
    You can purchase through the same insurance company that you have your car insurance through and possibly get a discount for having another type of insurance from your insurance company.  

• rocamom
    by rocamom
    October 8, 2012 at 8:34 AM

When I rented I had renters insurance and I think you should get it.. You just never know what can happen and I think it's better to be safe than sorry..  As PP said, it's not to exspensive. 

• inmybizz
    October 8, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Some apartments require you get renters insurance. I would get it..Good chance you won't need it but there's always that small chance that something devastating could happen and you need it..It's good to be covered.

• JLah
    by JLah
    October 8, 2012 at 9:18 AM

When we rented we had it.

• kdgord
    by kdgord
    October 8, 2012 at 9:19 AM
    This! It's not very expensive either so well worth it if something would happen.

Quoting JLah:

• 4music
    by 4music
    October 8, 2012 at 9:26 AM

I had it for the 2 years i rented. It really isn't that much when you consider what it would cost to replace everything you own.

• hugss
    by hugss
    October 8, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Both my sons have it & yes it is important to have I think,
    We have it on our home as well ;)

• Lisha77
    by Lisha77
    October 8, 2012 at 12:06 PM
    I agree. You should have renter's insurance. I always did. It always breaks my heart when I see someone lose everything in an apartment or rental fire and there is no way to replace the items.

Quoting kdgord:

This! It's not very expensive either so well worth it if something would happen.

Quoting JLah:

• lalasmama2007
    October 8, 2012 at 12:07 PM
    We had it when we lived in an apartment. When the roof got ripped off of our building in a storm, it covered our food and hotel expenses for a month!
  • Linds2Horse
    October 8, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I had renter's insurance when I was a renter. It's very cheap, and very necessary if don't have enough cash to replace all your belongings should there be a fire or a disaster, own any animals, or invite people over to your house.

Home Life

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN