Home Life

Cafe Beth
Honey Boo Boo’s Family Turns Down a Fancy House. Now That’s Class.
October 4, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Honey Boo Boo’s Family Turns Down a Fancy House. Now That’s Class.

Posted by Emily Abbate on October 3, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Honey Boo BooThe amount of fame and fortune that Honey Boo Boo and her family have gained from basically being trashy astounds me. Aside from the fact that the family just got a HUGE raise from $5,000 to $7,000 per episode to between $15,000 and $20,000, TLC also recently offered the clan a new home. Ooh ooh! Will Ty Pennington come in and build it over the course of one crazy epic episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition?!

OK, I'm getting ahead of myself. Apparently, momma June isn't into the idea. She likes their house that sits right next to the railroad tracks juuuuust fine. To clarify: Yes, the Boo Boos are refusing a brand spanking new house. A bigger house. A house that probably doesn't reek of old potato chip bags, cheese balls, and farts. Jeez, maybe they are rednecks.

If that's not a sign that they haven't been impacted by fame, then shoot -- I don't know what is. It's actually kinda admirable.

I think June's trying to be a good momma. Her kids know this house and they are used to it. If she were to uproot the whole family into a different environment, maybe it wouldn't be as comfortable. In my eyes, it all comes back to the fact that, yes, this family is extremely southern, extremely redneck, and despite the fame, they aren't trying to change that. Heck, there's no use in pretending to be someone you're not, right?

Besides, I don't know about all of you, but I love watching them just the way they are. I can smell the stale corn chips buried beneath the cushions of that icky sofa they love chilling on just thinking about 'em. Gross, but that's some seriously good TV.

Click HERE to see video.

Do you think Honey Boo Boo's family is silly not to take the new house?

Replies

• Linds2Horse
    October 5, 2012 at 12:58 AM

I refuse to support that family, and won't watch TLC anymore.

• VintageWife
    October 5, 2012 at 9:08 AM

The only thing worth watching on TLC is the Duggars and Bates.

• inmybizz
    October 5, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I've never seen the show..I really don't care.

• Jukebox_Jenny
    October 5, 2012 at 12:31 PM
    I know nothing about them and refuse to.

Home Life

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts