Home Life

rocamom
Cleaning Day..
by rocamom
October 4, 2012 at 8:27 AM

I didn't get called in to work today YAY!!!

So, now I need to get my cleaning ON..  My kids get on the bus around 8:45 and I plan on coming inside and cranking up the music!!!

I'm going to set my timer because I know that gets my butt moving.  20 min on the timer when it beeps I will come to this post and report what I did and take a 5 min break.  Then it's back to 20..

This can be a super fun and productive game..  ANYONE want to play with me??  Or just post your to do list and come cross stuff off as you go.. 

Replies

• rocamom
    by rocamom
    October 4, 2012 at 10:12 AM

That's a great timer.. I don't have one of those anymore :( mine are in 3rd grade and kindergarten (full day)..  Well I hope you get everything done that you need to do.. I'm adjusting to working in the middle of the day which is odd for me and it's also not consistent because I'm a substitute some days I work and others I don't.  Some I work 4 hours and others only 2.  I would LOVE for a permenant position to open but one hasn't yet OH WELL..

Anyway, hope you get it all done.. I'm getting there and feeling SO GOOD!!

Quoting SourRoses:

i do most of my cleaning in the later afternoon while my DS2 is taking a nap. that gives me only an hour 1/2 to clean the kitchen, sweep and mop, clean the bathroom, dust and i vac right after the kids go to bed for the night. i do this type of cleaning every Monday and Thursday. my timer is when DS wakes up

• SassyWildflower
    October 4, 2012 at 10:41 AM

-One basket of clothes put away

-Kitchen cleaned

-Kids room picked up

-Livingroom picked up

-Dinner started

-Load of laundry in the washer.

• rocamom
    by rocamom
    October 4, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Ok so I didn't set my timer but I did the following:

Cleaned the entire bathroom, Took the screen of out the bathroom window and cleaned it, washed the window, swept out the cobwebs GROSS, cleaned the toilet/shower/and sink, swept and mopped the floor :)

I swept the landing at the top of the stairs (we just have a small landing before  you enter any of the bedrooms or bathroom) and I swept down the stairs and the floor at the bottom.  I don't mop my stairs but I did mop the floor at the bottom (they are different types of floor, welcome to owning an old home)..

UUMM I feel as though I'm forgetting something..  HHMM

Did I mention I took apart my daughters kitchen set to clean it..  That was GROSS!!!

ok I don't want to sit for to long but I am getting hungry as I didn't eat breakfst.. Maybe I'll have an early lunch.

OH and I put my first load of laundry in the washer :)

• rocamom
    by rocamom
    October 4, 2012 at 12:22 PM

OMG I'm getting SO much done and in the nooks and crannies too :)

Took out the trash, washed the trash barrel

made myself lunch MMMMM 

now I'm taking a break and eating my lunch yumm..

Then it's onto finish the dinning room table and move onto the living room and then my bedroom  :)

• steelcage
    October 4, 2012 at 1:13 PM

My to do list (that probably won't get done):
    Clean off the kitchen table (kids use it for storage, smh)
    Do dishes (we hand wash, and there's maybe 5 things to wash)
    Clean living room (pick up, dust, vaccum, straighten contents on coffee table)
    Clean kids' play room
    Laundry 

There's other things that need to be done but those can wait until tomorrow.

• rocamom
    by rocamom
    October 4, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Ok so I washed the windows in my living room and I pulled the screens in and washed them.. vaccumed the rug in the living room as well as under the couch cushions..  organized some of the kids stuff that has ben cluttering my coffee table..

As I look around it doesn't see much that I did but I have been moving ALL DAY..

I'm going to put something yummy into the oven for when the kids get home from school :) I'm thinking apple bread..

• psych_mom
    October 4, 2012 at 2:58 PM
    No timer here, but we did change out our kitchen table which involved cleaning off the old one. Swept the dining area and kitchen floor and now dh is loading dishes. I'm going to put away some laundry.
  • HisSweetheart07
    October 4, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Pampered Chef has a really cool one ;) hehe

I'm sorry your timer broke though!

Quoting SassyWildflower:

my timer is busted crying

• HisSweetheart07
    October 4, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I haven't cleaned AT ALL today. I was out of the house from 8a - 4p and Now I've made dinner and I'm ready for bed.

I need to clean though lol

Home Life