Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
goofygalno1
It's a start...
October 17, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Ok... I know this is starting slow, but I am proud that I have been able to get back on my salad kick again for my lunches.  I went the other day and bought a bunch of different salad fixings and brought them to work.  Every day this week I have been having a salad for lunch.  And ya know what?  It's pretty darn tasty!!  I forgot I had a salad tast buds... lol 

I know it's not a big deal, but when I had lost a lot the a few years back that's how I started.  So if anyone is hungry, I have a ton of things in the fridge here at work if you want!!  lol

I know I need to keep it up if I am going to lose anything.  Next I need to get moving!!!  :0)

Replies

• Kimmer331
    October 17, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Good luck!!!  It's the little things that create bigger things.  I know I just bought a big bag of salad mix and and plan on incorporating a bunch of yummy items over the next few days to remind myself how much I enjoy a good salad.  Sometimes we just have to return to our roots to remind us of what we've been missing.

• tiredmomfor2
    October 18, 2013 at 1:00 PM
    That is a good start Mama! great job!
  • goofygalno1
    October 18, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Thanks so much!!  :0)

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

That is a good start Mama! great job!

• goofygalno1
    October 18, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Thank you!!  I went home last night and ruined my lunch with a not so great dinner...  Oh well... get back on it again and keep on truckin!  lol

Quoting Kimmer331:

Good luck!!!  It's the little things that create bigger things.  I know I just bought a big bag of salad mix and and plan on incorporating a bunch of yummy items over the next few days to remind myself how much I enjoy a good salad.  Sometimes we just have to return to our roots to remind us of what we've been missing.

• KSK0811
    by KSK0811
    October 18, 2013 at 3:39 PM

That's great. It's definitely a step in the right direction. Diet is always a hard thing for me to change and I have to take major baby steps. It doesn't help that the other adults in my home have a major love for sweets and are set in their ways as far as eating habits.

• goofygalno1
    October 18, 2013 at 3:51 PM

ahaha yeah sweets are my downfall as well.  I try to not keep ice cream in the house because I LOVE me some ice cream.  I can't believe how much I have let myself go and it's going to be so hard to lose all of this nasty weight... lol  But if I can change up how I am eating I can at least have a starting point with that. 

Quoting KSK0811:

That's great. It's definitely a step in the right direction. Diet is always a hard thing for me to change and I have to take major baby steps. It doesn't help that the other adults in my home have a major love for sweets and are set in their ways as far as eating habits.

• BeachbodyMom77
    October 18, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I have issues with "dieting".  I have found that I would rather exercise than cut out food that I love.  The funny thing is that you naturally start craving healthier foods once you get active!  What kind of workout do you like to do?

• goofygalno1
    October 18, 2013 at 5:50 PM
    To be honest I really don't have a favorite workout. But when I was working out I kind of did some cardio like zumba... lol I looked like a hot mess that's why I exersize alone. hahah
    Quoting BeachbodyMom77:

I have issues with "dieting".  I have found that I would rather exercise than cut out food that I love.  The funny thing is that you naturally start craving healthier foods once you get active!  What kind of workout do you like to do?

• BeachbodyMom77
    October 18, 2013 at 7:19 PM
    I feel the same way.... And I hate being confined in tons of clothes, so it is better for me to stay at home as well! Lol! I have found some amazing programs so I have enjoyed it!

Quoting goofygalno1:

To be honest I really don't have a favorite workout. But when I was working out I kind of did some cardio like zumba... lol I looked like a hot mess that's why I exersize alone. hahah

Quoting BeachbodyMom77:

• karebear48461
    October 18, 2013 at 7:44 PM

In my opinion, it's better to smart small and build healthier habits anyways. I really like salad as well. It's definitely my "go to" snack before anything else. My biggest problem is getting enough water & milk in a day, which is extremely important because I'm also breastfeeding.

I'm starting out small here by saying I want to consume 3-4 bottles of water a day and 2-3 cups of milk!

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts