Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

N_maricle
My guilty nsv.
September 13, 2013 at 1:47 PM

So when I first started working out at the gym, I was 165 lbs and carried most of it in my belly. I got up to 189 lbs my first pregency, which is a lot on my frame considering I'm only 5'2. By the time I got serious about losing weight my youngest was about 2 and a half, so I was sort of amazed by the women I kept seeing dropping off small babies in the kids club. Like 3 month old babies and their tummies looked like they never gave birth! 

I saw another mom who took the same yoga class and i did and said something like, "Aww she's so cute! I can't believe you just had a baby, you can barely tell!" 

She glanced at my tummy and responded something like, "it just takes a little hard work and self control..."

At time I sort of laughed it off and left really quick but I will admit that bothered me. I was complimenting the woman and I couldn't help but feel kind of insulted by her response.

Fast forward to today, it's been about a year and I've lost 40 lbs and ill admit that my hard work is paying off and I'm looking pretty damn fit and toned. I saw the same lady in yoga today and I do believe I'm smaller than her. I know that it sounds vain, but I feel vindicated.

Replies

• jendawn1
    September 13, 2013 at 1:50 PM
    thats awesome momma!!!
  • iamcafemom83
    September 13, 2013 at 1:54 PM
    Lol!!
    Well she did kinda smack ya down, there, so it's ok for that vindication hahaha!! She coulda just said thanks!!
    Congrats on all your hard work!
  • N_maricle
    September 13, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Thanks:) I was looking at pictures the other day and it kind of hit me how much I've changed in the last year. 

Quoting jendawn1:

thats awesome momma!!!

• N_maricle
    September 13, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Haha yeah I was expecting her to just smile and say "thanks!" I'm sure she didn't mean any offense but I still couldn't help but give her the stink eye whenever I saw her around the gym. Lol.

Quoting iamcafemom83:

Lol!!
    Well she did kinda smack ya down, there, so it's ok for that vindication hahaha!! She coulda just said thanks!!
    Congrats on all your hard work!

• a06z08mama
    September 13, 2013 at 2:08 PM

hey sometimes being able to go look at me now.. it feels good! especially after she had shot you down like that.

• JerseyAirGurl
    September 13, 2013 at 2:19 PM

That is awesome!!!

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health