Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
N_maricle
My guilty nsv.
September 13, 2013 at 1:47 PM

So when I first started working out at the gym, I was 165 lbs and carried most of it in my belly. I got up to 189 lbs my first pregency, which is a lot on my frame considering I'm only 5'2. By the time I got serious about losing weight my youngest was about 2 and a half, so I was sort of amazed by the women I kept seeing dropping off small babies in the kids club. Like 3 month old babies and their tummies looked like they never gave birth! 

I saw another mom who took the same yoga class and i did and said something like, "Aww she's so cute! I can't believe you just had a baby, you can barely tell!" 

She glanced at my tummy and responded something like, "it just takes a little hard work and self control..."

At time I sort of laughed it off and left really quick but I will admit that bothered me. I was complimenting the woman and I couldn't help but feel kind of insulted by her response.

Fast forward to today, it's been about a year and I've lost 40 lbs and ill admit that my hard work is paying off and I'm looking pretty damn fit and toned. I saw the same lady in yoga today and I do believe I'm smaller than her. I know that it sounds vain, but I feel vindicated.

Replies

• jendawn1
    September 13, 2013 at 1:50 PM
    thats awesome momma!!!
  • iamcafemom83
    September 13, 2013 at 1:54 PM
    Lol!!
    Well she did kinda smack ya down, there, so it's ok for that vindication hahaha!! She coulda just said thanks!!
    Congrats on all your hard work!
  • N_maricle
    September 13, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Thanks:) I was looking at pictures the other day and it kind of hit me how much I've changed in the last year. 

Quoting jendawn1:

thats awesome momma!!!

• N_maricle
    September 13, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Haha yeah I was expecting her to just smile and say "thanks!" I'm sure she didn't mean any offense but I still couldn't help but give her the stink eye whenever I saw her around the gym. Lol.

Quoting iamcafemom83:

Lol!!
    Well she did kinda smack ya down, there, so it's ok for that vindication hahaha!! She coulda just said thanks!!
    Congrats on all your hard work!

• a06z08mama
    September 13, 2013 at 2:08 PM

hey sometimes being able to go look at me now.. it feels good! especially after she had shot you down like that.

• JerseyAirGurl
    September 13, 2013 at 2:19 PM

That is awesome!!!

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN