Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
elephantsin1
Exercise with kids
August 23, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I have two three year old girls. We live in an apartment so not a lot of room outside to play. We do go on daily walks with our dog but I would like to mix things up a little to keep it fun. What kinds of exercises can we do together inside?

Replies

• muzzyh
    by muzzyh
    August 23, 2013 at 10:57 PM
    My 3 & 5 yo girls do yoga with me. And last spring they got their own running shoes, so after I run with them in the burley they get out and run with me for about a mile back to the house. It's so fun!
  • little_mama83
    August 24, 2013 at 5:20 PM

I remember I loved doing Jumping Jacks with my mom when I was a kid! I did a quick google search and apparently it's good cardio if you do it right. Can't do them in my house... bad foundation and the whole place shakes!

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/fitness/exercises/are-jumping-jacks-an-efficient-exercise-technique.html

• darbyakeep45
    August 24, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Not sure mama....good luck though!  

• iloveeandc
    August 27, 2013 at 9:54 PM

What kind of fitness/weight loss goals do you have?

• elephantsin1
    August 27, 2013 at 11:40 PM
    I would like to lose about 70 pounds. I am doing TapOut also so just looking for some fun exercises/activities to do with my girls to keep us all active.

Quoting iloveeandc:

• iloveeandc
    August 28, 2013 at 9:34 AM

My boys are pretty small, but they loved doing P90X at home with me, I lost the weight I wanted to and got super toned all the while having fun with them. :-) Have you ever thought about foing something like that?

Quoting elephantsin1:

I would like to lose about 70 pounds. I am doing TapOut also so just looking for some fun exercises/activities to do with my girls to keep us all active.

Quoting iloveeandc:

• jamminmomma
    August 28, 2013 at 9:42 AM

If you have a Wii, you get do the Wii fit and get the Nickelodeon Fit for kids for them and have them do the kids version with you !! I have both one for my 5 year old and the Wii fit Plus for myself I havn't used it much this Summer but will use it a lot this Winter when I cannot get outside. You could do things like sit ups with your kids. 

• CorpCityGrl
    August 28, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I have a 3 year old and I work full-time, so all I do are at home workouts.  I am doing Focus T25 and she pretty much does it with me.  She'll jump around and run while I'm doing the workouts.  I've also done yoga with her, which is great for kids.

• LivinDeadGurl
    August 28, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Dancing? Fun workout DVDs?

• elephantsin1
    August 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM
    That's great! They try to do Wii Fit but only so much they can do. I never knew that was a Nickelodeon Fit. I love sit ups/crunches so that will work good too.

Quoting jamminmomma:

If you have a Wii, you get do the Wii fit and get the Nickelodeon Fit for kids for them and have them do the kids version with you !! I have both one for my 5 year old and the Wii fit Plus for myself I havn't used it much this Summer but will use it a lot this Winter when I cannot get outside. You could do things like sit ups with your kids. 

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts