Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

BeAmour
Falling off.........help!
by BeAmour
August 22, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I've gotten sooooooooooooo lazy these past few weeks. A work out here or there, nothing major like I should be doing.

I CANNOT get motivated to get myself into the gym. If I don't go to the gym, I potentially lose the chance of getting into fire academy. Can't have that happen.

I just don't want to go. I've been feeling nauseated constantly (not pregnant) and that of course makes me not want to go. It's blazing hot outside, which makes me not want to go.

I don't know what to do!

Replies

• CorpCityGrl
    August 22, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I feel your pain!

We went through weeks of a heat wave and then went on vacation and I completely fell off and haven't been movtivated. 

My advice - just do it!  You'll find every excuse in the book to not do it, so don't fall into that.  You've got goals and want to get into the fire academy and getting in means being in shape, so that's a huge motivator.  Even though I was tired and really didn't want to and like you, felt nauseous, I re-started my program on Monday and got back to steady healthy eating.  I was surprised at how good it felt to get moving and working out. 

• Bethsunshine
    August 22, 2013 at 8:46 AM

I hear you! We all go through stages of not being motivated to work out. I've been that way for about a month. I teach Zumba though, so I HAVE to exercise, whether I want to or not sometimes! You have a goal: To get accepted into the fire academy. Use that to motivate yourself to get your butt up off the couch and just do it! I've been getting slammed with migraines the past week, and I felt like absolute crap yesterday, so I didn't exercise at all. I'm jumping back on today though. Taking one day off is fine; more than that, and I really feel cruddy.

• HappyGirl77
    August 22, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I agree with...Just Do it!!  Give yourself small rewards everyday...like...if I go to the gym I can watch this tv show or something like that.  Once you get started, it is much easier to power thru!  I am not sure about why you are nauseous...but maybe you need to change your eating...I know I get nauseous if I don't eat often or enough.

Even popping in a video at home and getting in a 1/2 hour or something is better than nothing!

• RunningMommaof2
    August 22, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I have a hard time finding the motivation to go to the gym too. I find that getting ready, driving all the way to the gym, and then having to drive back... eats up so much of my time that I make excuses not to go. So, I prefer to stay at home and do a video workout or run around my neighborhood instead. It saves me time and money. I also have the problem with the heat, so I wake up around dawn to get a run in before it gets too hot, or I run later in the day when it starts to cool down. 

• ballerina18
    August 22, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Are you taking anything to help with the nausea? I thought I was getting nauseous during my workouts until I realized I was getting heartburn. Taking Tums before a workout have been helping me.

I was having a rough time in July and early August and I'm finally feeling like I am getting back on the wagon. I'm not sure what clicked in my head, but I just know that it feels awful attending a fitness class or doing a dvd workout and feeling like I am not strong enough to keep going.

All I can say is PULL THROUGH THIS and keep going! You can do this and you WILL get into fire academy =) Good luck! It's hard trying to get out of a rut, but you will =)

• teracheri
    August 22, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Do you HAVE to go to a gym, or can you do home workouts? I have been doing Insanity and I love it! And I can do it anytime of day, at HOME. I love that. No excuses then.

• Golfermom3
    August 22, 2013 at 6:24 PM

The nausea could be due to dehydration. Are you drinking enough? If your area is in midst of heat wave, you need more fluids.  Could also be due to poor eating habits/food choices .  Reach for your dream and get up and move!!!!   Good luck!

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health