Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Featured Posts
shellingwood
I Need Some Help Please
August 9, 2013 at 11:53 PM

I gave birth to my first child, a girl, this past March. She is beautiful and all around wonderful. I love her so much and I want to be there to watch her grow up and mold into a magnificent woman someday. But I am truly terrified that I will not be there for her because of how big I am. I have always been bigger than everyone I had grown up with. And I was pretty overweight for a while and then i hit high school and went straight to obese. I have had many issues with weight and being pre-diabetic and then correcting my eating habits but i always fell right back into bad habits. When I got pregnant with my daughter my doctor instructed me to gain as little weight as possible and said i probably should try to lose a little as the pregnancy went on. But i just couldn't keep weight off and i am now morbidly obese. Saying that about my self really tears me apart. Having to thing that i referred to as "morbidly" anything is terrifying. So what i really need help with is just getting support and extremely helpful tips for losing weight. I am happily married and my husband is very supportive of me losing weight and stays by me if i want to eat healthy. He will eat whatever will help. But he also spoils me, meaning if i ask for something not so healthy and am a little persistent he will give in. I know he does this because he wants me happy but i need him to help me be healthy. We both have weight issues. I am 19 and i weigh about 272lbs and i am only 5 foot 4 inches. Completely unhealthy for my age. My husband, however, is my complete opposite. He is 21  and 6 foot but he weighs about 120. He is underweight. Imagine the hatred i feel for my own body seeing his everyday. I wasn't small at all when we met and he fell in love with me with me being bigger. I know my weight does not bother him but he is also a pretty big reason i would like to lose weight. I want to be "sexier" for him. I just really need some outside support, just someone to keep me going. Like check up on me every now and then and give me some tips for staying healthy. So please if you have anything to say that could possibly be helpful to me, let me know. I need to lose weight and get healthy because i want to be there for my daughter, and i don't see that happening if i continue on the path i am on

Replies

• charlotsomtimes
    August 10, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Hello! This is a good place for you, lots of info, help and support here.

First thing- you want to get the range of calories you should be eating. The girls in here can do it for you. They need your height/ weight how much you work out / age and if you are breastfeeding or not

Once you have that, make small changes and goals that you can reach easily and quickly- things like trading soda for water, work out so many in. a day or week, eat more veggies...whatever-and as you go, you can add to those goals or make them bigger.  

Remember the scale WILL piss you off. On days where it hasn't moved, or has gone up- turn that into motivation to keep going.  Also remember that this will take time, but it IS worth it.

You can do this :)

• ballerina18
    August 10, 2013 at 3:20 AM

I agree with charlotsomtimes ^^

This group is a WONDERFUL place for you. Everyone in this group is so supportive and knowledgeable about fitness. I personally think this group is a big reason for my weight loss success. I try to check into this group as often as I can to get support and read about everyone's success!

You've taken the first step and realized you want to be better for your child and DH. Now you just need to act on it =)  If you want healthy eating suggestions or workout tips this is a great place to be. My personal recommendation is to find an activity you enjoy (ie: walking, jogging, zumba, pilates, yoga, soccer...ect.) Your workouts don't need to be painful or something that makes you unhappy. You should find something that makes you feel great!

Set realistic goals for yourself and take baby steps towards those goals. You CAN do it!

We are here to help and we are all so happy you have joined this group =)

• Hartbrayka
    August 10, 2013 at 3:28 AM

We are in the same shoes!  I am currently "shopping" for gyms in my area.  I am DONE!  I need to work on this weight NOW!!!  After my first was born, I went on weight watchers and I lost 90 pounds!!!!  Then I got knocked up again, and gained about 140!!!!!!  I know weight watchers worked and is incredibly awesome, but I cannot do it now, I have 2 kids now, and alot less time.  You should check it out for yourself.  It really really was wonderful.  I just know it won't work for me right now.  So, my plan is to join the gym (and actually go), even on the days that I don't feel like going, at least go and go on the treadmill for 1/2 hour.  Also, try eating healthier.  I want to add more fruits veggies and brown grains, and try to omit white starches from my diet.  oh, and I need to stop frying everything.  I cook alot on stovetop which means I'm using oil to cook it.  I want to start grilling, baking, and broiling more foods.  Good luck, maybe add me as a friend and we can keep in touch and try motivating each other.  WE NEED TO DO THIS FOR OURSELVES, but most of all so we can age to see our grandchildren one day!!! 

• mjgm1966
    August 10, 2013 at 5:40 AM

Hey girl! So glad you are on here.  Sounds like the ladies have given you some pretty great advice.  My first rule of thumb,  add water.  And lots of it every day. Cut out those sodas.  It's a small move--but it's a great move! Baby steps.  YOU CAN DO THIS.  One day at a time.  And one step at a time.  Get some movement going. Walk.  Start out walking.  Here for YOU!!!! hugs.

• musicpisces
    August 11, 2013 at 12:35 PM

You sound like you are READY to do this!  I was 269 lbs at 5'4" when I started, so I can understand how that feels.  I have a journal about my own journey here.

This group can be awesome support through this journey.  You develop friendships here, where it's like having a bunch of weight loss buddies!

You can do this!!

• shellingwood
    August 23, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Thank you so much for your posts they have helped me to keep motivated. Sorry i havent been able to get on in a while. Its tough finding time to sit down at the computer lately. I have been working out a lot lately and made some life changes. And since i posted this i have lost 6 pounds. It doesnt sound like much but it feels wonderful. I just hope that i do not lose momentum. But thank you so much for your support. :D

• muzzyh
    by muzzyh
    August 23, 2013 at 11:22 PM
    Your baby is gorgeous!

Start journaling everything: mood, diet, exercise, etc..
    You can do this mama :)
  • shellingwood
    August 30, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Quoting muzzyh:

Your baby is gorgeous!

Start journaling everything: mood, diet, exercise, etc..
    You can do this mama :)

Thank you so much :D I completely agree. :) I have been keepingup pretty well with my journal. I think my weight loss journey has been going pretty well so far. :D

• Golfermom3
    August 30, 2013 at 3:13 PM

I have done weight watchers in the past and it always worked. I just have a hard time maintaining. Due to medications, I recently gained a lot of weight. Now I am doing weight watchers on-line, and it is wonderful. Have lost 29.6 pounds since mid-April. I still have at least 10-15 pounds to go.

My advice is to drink lots of water instead of soda, and watch portion sizes. Make snacks healthy- fruit, veggies, low-fat Greek yogurt. 

Good luck!!! You can do this!!!

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN