Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

sumtermom3
BMR PLEASE
July 15, 2013 at 5:21 PM
190lbs, 5'4, 33 yr old workout 5 days a week. Thanks!!!

Replies

• mcginnisc
    July 15, 2013 at 5:25 PM
    BMR:1627
    Maintenance: 1627*1.55=2521
    To lose 1 lb per week: 2521-500=2021
    Your ideal calorie range is 1627-2021 calories per day to lose 1 lb per week.
  • sumtermom3
    July 15, 2013 at 5:33 PM
    Ok another question... if I'm eating 1627 do I add back in work I burn working out? Trying to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. I know probably a dumb question :)
  • melaniecerise
    July 15, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I am not sure how all this bmr stuff works can you explain it to me and tell me what I need to give you for you to calculate mine

• mcginnisc
    July 15, 2013 at 5:37 PM
    All you have to do is eat within the range I gave you. If you use my numbers you do not worry about eating back calories as I have accounted for exercise already.

Quoting sumtermom3:

Ok another question... if I'm eating 1627 do I add back in work I burn working out? Trying to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. I know probably a dumb question :)

• mcginnisc
    July 15, 2013 at 5:41 PM
    Tel quick rundown as my dd has swiped my laptop to play a game and my phone is about to croak. LOL
    BMR is the number of calories your body needs to function and be inactive- think digestion, blood flow and organ functions. Once you add activity of any kind you have to consume more to offset that activity and to avoid "starvation mode".
    To calculate it, we need your age,height,weight, if you are breastfeeding and how many days per week you workout.

Quoting melaniecerise:

I am not sure how all this bmr stuff works can you explain it to me and tell me what I need to give you for you to calculate mine

• melaniecerise
    July 15, 2013 at 5:44 PM
    I am 25. I weigh 175. I am 5'6. and I work out 2-3 times a week
    Quoting mcginnisc:

Tel quick rundown as my dd has swiped my laptop to play a game and my phone is about to croak. LOL
    BMR is the number of calories your body needs to function and be inactive- think digestion, blood flow and organ functions. Once you add activity of any kind you have to consume more to offset that activity and to avoid "starvation mode".
    To calculate it, we need your age,height,weight, if you are breastfeeding and how many days per week you workout.

Quoting melaniecerise:

• sumtermom3
    July 15, 2013 at 7:49 PM
    Thanks!! That's what I thought.
  • mcginnisc
    July 15, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Quoting melaniecerise:

I am 25. I weigh 175. I am 5'6. and I work out 2-3 times a week
    Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting melaniecerise:

BMR: 1608

Maintenance while working out 1-3 days per week: 1608*1.375=2211

To lose 1 lb per week: 2211-500=1711

Your ideal calorie range is 1608-1711 calories per day to lose 1 lb per week. 

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health